PDA

View Full Version : yamaha plastic/ please read

nybronc
03-27-2009, 09:48 PM
I was in touch with Maier, they said if they had enough feed back about the need for Yamaha plastic ( I was asking for 225 ) they would consider making some, so, if you guys out there with Yamaha's e-mail them with your needs for Yamaha stuff, we may get lucky !

Dirtcrasher
03-27-2009, 10:00 PM
If they have the mold (or you pay for one to be made, at which point it is your property...), MAIER will make them but usually with a minimum order of 10 or 25 pieces, I'm not sure.

So, you'll have to start a thread and see how many people are willing to prepay for an order. You'll get excited, get close to the amount you need and then half the guys will back out and you'll end up stitching Rubbermaid trash can lids to your existing fenders :D

Thats how it seems to go half the time anyhow :lol: Just calling it like I see it......

chris200x
03-27-2009, 10:13 PM
Did you check with yamaha. last I knew some HL shells and front fenders were still availalbe.. I dont know if anyone inquired about tank covers and rear fenders lately..

nybronc
03-27-2009, 10:44 PM
I was told the rear fenders are no longer available by a dealer here in NY, another dealer told me no plastic was available , I don't know, but it would be nice to be able to buy nice new stuff, instead of dealing with older plastic.

thefox
03-28-2009, 07:39 AM
What dealer were you at?

nybronc
03-28-2009, 04:54 PM
one was Lanes yamaha in Ithaca Ny

Mackee
03-28-2009, 10:40 PM
I just ordered and received a new front fender and new rear plastic from Yamaha of Troy. I do not think they make the tank plastic or the headlight plastic anymore. At least Yamaha of Troy told me that. Hey, if they wanna make them again, I'd buy a whole set for the heck of it...It would be better than what I have now with two companies making the rear and front fender. They are quiet the same color. Count me in.

Vealmonkey
03-28-2009, 10:44 PM
What front fender and rear fender did you just buy and what color?

nybronc
03-29-2009, 03:40 AM
well if enough people e-mail them and ask for the Yamaha plastic, maybe that will do it, they said they wanted to know if there was enough demand out there.

factoryX
03-29-2009, 03:45 AM
You'll get excited, get close to the amount you need and then half the guys will back out and you'll end up stitching Rubbermaid trash can lids to your existing fenders :D

:lol: :lol: :lol:

ironchop
03-29-2009, 04:17 AM
:lol: ^^^ what he sed^^^^:lol:

I sprayed dip all over the screen when I read that

nybronc
03-29-2009, 11:50 AM
Hey, you got some on my moniter, now I 've have to clean it

Mackee
03-29-2009, 05:59 PM
What front fender and rear fender did you just buy and what color?

I got the sky blue fenders for my 225DR. Feel really well made, too. Here is a pic. I am still needing to get a pic with them installed. I am having to "freshen" up the tank skins before I show the finished product.

nybronc
03-29-2009, 07:50 PM
where did you get those?

Mackee
03-29-2009, 10:42 PM
Yamaha of Troy. They are located in Ohio. Google them and they'll pop up. Someone else on this site mentioned them and during my hunt for some new plastic, they had them.

Bike Bandit also had some. FYI

nybronc
03-30-2009, 12:36 AM
what did they get for the plastic?

Mackee
03-30-2009, 10:45 AM
For the rear, it was something like $160, give or take. For the front, I think it was $65....My total including shipping was $240...I think. I will look at the receipt and let you know for sure. You can go to their website, search by year and model and order it from there. I know they were cheaper than Bike Bandit. Maybe I paid more than somewhere else...Not sure but my time is $, too. I am happy with them.