PDA

View Full Version : I won a tri-zinger on ebay w00t

riverrat
03-27-2009, 08:48 PM
Yes, I like those little freaky bikes. I always wanted one, along with a atc70.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200321542448&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT&viewitem=

Guy says the carb is screwd, that he ruined it trying to get the choke unstuck. Anyone got an extra carb for me?

I will know more tomorrow when I pick it up. It doesn't look too bad ion the pictures, and not a bad price either, let's hope it's not much to fix up. I just want t play bike.

If it is in real good shape, I will just restore it, if not, I might go crazy modding it, I've read through some good threads here already. Seems like it would be fun. Funny thing was, I just put a bid in, not expecting to win, LOL, now I am stuck with it. But I figure for the price, not bad. I will be ready for you next year Raffa, we can have a real ice race :w00t:

AutoXer
03-27-2009, 08:49 PM
Nice another ice racer???

dcreel
03-27-2009, 09:14 PM
Yes, they are addicting. I was eyeballing that one, but it was a little far. Really good deal on it though. I have 3 and none of them run. Needless to say I have been getting parts together to get them running. It seems as though I always have at least 3 projects going at any given time.

money89tractors
03-28-2009, 03:37 AM
PM sent.

-Phil

Bryan Raffa
03-28-2009, 08:55 AM
verry nice!!

03 ORANGE SHEE
03-28-2009, 12:44 PM
thats a good deal. enjoy !

JohnR.
03-28-2009, 05:58 PM
now I am stuck with it.

Shoot! You aren't stuck with it. I'll take it off your hands. Hell, I'll even go up there and pick it up too.

John

riverrat
03-28-2009, 06:08 PM
Shoot! You aren't stuck with it. I'll take it off your hands. Hell, I'll even go up there and pick it up too.

John

Hehe, John. Well I got it, and it is in pretty good darn shape, just missing a few things. Tank mounting hardware, gas cap, needs brake pads. + the carb. Hopefully there is a carb waiting for me in my inbox!

I sprayed some either in there, and she ran for a few seconds. I am very encouraged. I'll post some pics later on, gonna be workin on it for the rest of the day.

Oh, I think I am missing the air box as well. :(

JohnR.
03-28-2009, 06:54 PM
I have been meaning to keep an eye on ebay for one. It so much smaller than the ATC70's are. Its good that I didn't get into a bidding war with you for that one.

John

riverrat
03-29-2009, 10:05 AM
That would have been funny.
Well I tried my best to repair the carb, but it is too far gone. The seat for the needle is messed up, and no way to adjust the float, so if I grind the seat down, the float hieght won't be right. Also the bowl was so pitted, it rotted right through. The choke slider was missing, and where the slider goes was mangled.

Even still, I epoxied the bowl, ground the seat a bit, made my own slider from brass parts, honed the hole for the slider, and got the thing started, but it ain't running right, and it keeps flooding. I am done.

I had to invent my own gas tank mounting hardware, and started cleaning it up a bit.

So I need brake shoes (no problem), a carb (HELP!) some kind of air filter, and a gas cap. I think the axle is bent too, but I can live with that, or try to straighten it out when I do the brakes. Everything else is in great shape.

I would like to know what to do with the oil injection? I think I should can it right?
Also, if there is another carb I can run, let me know, someone. Even if I had to make another intake, I don't mind. I will probably get a DG exhaust for it, even though the original is still in good shape.