PDA

View Full Version : blowing smoke out the carb?

acidburn
03-26-2009, 06:16 PM
my bike wont start it wouldnt do anything untill i moved the pulse generator now its "trying" to start it spits sputters "barks" but it wont start! it just blows smoke out the carb(i took the aiirbox off):rolleyes: :(

charles_ma
03-26-2009, 06:30 PM
sounds like bad muffler bearing or maybe it need a can of compression

WIkid500
03-26-2009, 06:36 PM
Piston rebound spring???

Did you have the cam out or the pulse generator off the cam? By chance do you not have it firing on the right stroke?

acidburn
03-26-2009, 06:43 PM
its fireing on the rite stroke. i dont know what it can be :S

johndeeremech
03-26-2009, 06:53 PM
if it wont fire and run for a few seconds on starting fluid then its screwd up pretty good,take a compresion test like they said.and put everything back the way its suposed to be.

if you got a good strong spark and a new plug and it wont run on starting fluid the thing is tired.

3wheelrider
03-26-2009, 07:01 PM
sounds like timing is off. be sure to double check your timing marks again. sounds like your timing is off. might have sheared the woodruff key that holds flywheel.

oscarmayer
03-26-2009, 07:32 PM
sounds like bad muffler bearing or maybe it need a can of compression

if you don't have anything decent to add, don;t post. this is junk we don't need....

The Goat
03-26-2009, 07:37 PM
well vote it down oscar...I know I did...and voted yourself up.

mattcruff
03-26-2009, 10:02 PM
lmao. . . muffler bearing? can of compression?

that cracks me up

motoman110
03-26-2009, 10:34 PM
sounds too me like a broken powerband... but thats me ahah jk

Yeah sounds like timing is off, check the marks on the fly wheel, check to see if the key is sheared. Also wouldnt hurt to check the cam timing.

acidburn
03-26-2009, 10:44 PM
:S it recently had a new timing chain installed so i wouldnt think the timing would be off but i guess ill check tomorrow.
and also when i took my carb apart i had no clue to what i was doing all my buddy told me was to split it open twist both flat nead nosels off and stick a needle through then i just tightened both flat heads as tight as they go..

honda_atc200es
04-07-2009, 05:53 PM
i am getting smoke out the carb ocasionally as well, the bike will run and rev, but not well anything past idle is rough and hesitant if held, it will get a surge of power, but only for an instant. how can you tell if the key is sheered? i have tried jetting all the way lean and all the way rich and the symptoms are the same. this is a fresh top end. how exactly is the timing done, from what i did i made sure the arrow on the cam was center in the view port at the same time that the first 'o' mark is lined with the index. which i know know is wrong, so is it supposed to be the 't' mark or 'f' mark?

Erics350x
04-07-2009, 06:38 PM
i am getting smoke out the carb ocasionally as well, the bike will run and rev, but not well anything past idle is rough and hesitant if held, it will get a surge of power, but only for an instant. how can you tell if the key is sheered? i have tried jetting all the way lean and all the way rich and the symptoms are the same. this is a fresh top end. how exactly is the timing done, from what i did i made sure the arrow on the cam was center in the view port at the same time that the first 'o' mark is lined with the index. which i know know is wrong, so is it supposed to be the 't' mark or 'f' mark?

T mark, also you need to set the valve clearance

Thorpe
04-07-2009, 09:41 PM
Set the carb back to where it is suppose to be. When you are trying to diagnose a problem, only change 1 thing at a time. Sounds to me like your carb is in need of adjustment, and your timing is off. Who replaced your timing chain?