PDA

View Full Version : 86z inspecting the damage

yamaha_ripper98
03-25-2009, 12:31 AM
i finally took apart my 86z to put a 5speed in it:( i found out that 3rd wasnt working because on the back of the gear where the 3 prongs match up with the other one it has rounded both the prongs and the mating part of the other gear so i can get them cut some of the others are starting to round but i will get it fixed sumtime anyone on here grind these or know of anyone good with reasonable prices to do it?

im at a hult with it now because the special washer on the back of the 85 input shaft is diff than the 86 and i had to order one but this thing is still on stock bore and crank/rod with great compression so thats always a +

tecat-z
03-25-2009, 12:49 AM
It will require a professional shop that specializes is cut trannys. I have used MRE in Florida. Both sets of gears will have to be sent. And be sure to inspect fork pads, and drum. They take a beating when popping in and out of gear. 6 speed forks can be tough to locate too.. The 'prongs' are referred to as dogs btw.

yamaha_ripper98
03-25-2009, 12:55 AM
the 2 for the output have wear and i can feel the diff with my finger could it be welded and grinded down again or will it make the arm to fragile

cam is perfect

Erics350x
03-25-2009, 08:30 AM
why dont you just put a add in the classifieds on here for the gears you need to fix the 6 speed gear set?

Bryan Raffa
03-25-2009, 08:40 AM
this guy can fix your tranny

http://w-c-r.com/