PDA

View Full Version : 350x duals????????

atcrider1
03-23-2009, 05:18 PM
does anyone make a set of dual exhaust for the 350x?
has any one made their own? any tips on making my own?

johnny's X
03-23-2009, 06:56 PM
It will not do you any good to put duals on your 350x. I think you might loose power from lack of back pressure. Do a search, This topic has been brought up many times

fabiodriven
03-23-2009, 09:00 PM
I know we're beating a dead horse here but O well...

If you did want to do duals, you could just add an X-pipe and if the dual pipes/mufflers were small enough to have some backpressure, it would work. Even without backpressure it might work OK if properly jetted.

I had a guy come into the custom exhaust shop I worked at years ago with a rice rocket that was an inline-4. It had dual exhaust, two separate 2 into one sysems each with it's own muffler, for a total of two mufflers. He said he couldn't get the thing to run right and I showed him why. It was because he had two separate exhausts on the same motor. We just made a collector that made it 4 into one and then split it to duals again after the collector and Viola! Ran perfect.;)

So yes, I would say you could do it by doing two into one (via X-pipe), then split it into duals again. Just talk to your local custom exhaust shop about making an X-pipe.

userj8670
03-23-2009, 09:14 PM
Edog posted pics of a nice X with duals a bit ago. I think it was from a member on .Org . I dunno how it would work as mentioned due to loss of backpressure but it sure looks bad azz. The guy had dual 450 silencers on it if i remember correctly.

fabiodriven
03-23-2009, 09:17 PM
I dunno how it would work as mentioned due to loss of backpressure .

Should I repeat myself?:D

The Goat
03-24-2009, 05:56 AM
me and swigin talked this extensively the other night in chat.

I am doing it on my build.

the current theory is not less back pressure, but more backpressure than a standard high flow single.

I'll be using dual 200x headpipes, and custom midpipes to new stock crf250r silencers.

much later on when money allows, I will switch to aftermarket silencers.

so there ya go, that's how I'm doing it at least.

spoke with the original guy who did it on .org, he said it ran quite well.

I spoke to tom at tc racing, he says that if both pipes are of slightly differing length, there will be no loss in power compared to what is still available for these bikes. plus the stock headpipes and the 400ex headpipe/carb mod is a complete waste of money and time.

fabiodriven
03-24-2009, 06:16 AM
me and swigin talked this extensively the other night in chat.

I am doing it on my build.

the current theory is not less back pressure, but more backpressure than a standard high flow single.

I'll be using dual 200x headpipes, and custom midpipes to new stock crf250r silencers.

much later on when money allows, I will switch to aftermarket silencers.

so there ya go, that's how I'm doing it at least.

spoke with the original guy who did it on .org, he said it ran quite well.

I spoke to tom at tc racing, he says that if both pipes are of slightly differing length, there will be no loss in power compared to what is still available for these bikes. plus the stock headpipes and the 400ex headpipe/carb mod is a complete waste of money and time.

I think it will work fine Goat, with or without the X-pipe. If I were doing it, I would put an X-pipe in though.

Dammit!
03-24-2009, 06:58 AM
http://www.3wheeler.org/vb/showthread.php?t=31015

atcrider1
03-24-2009, 08:23 AM
thanks for the replys