PDA

View Full Version : For anyone who is interested, info about seat foam etc. form Ceet and Hi Flight.

Hoosier_Daddy
03-19-2009, 07:56 PM
I called Hi Flight and asked if they had seat foam for 350X. They said nope. Nothing like that for ATC's. After that they seemed completely uninterested in me unless I wanted to buy a seat cover.

Got a hold of Ceet today. The guy was pretty cool and didn't "think" they had seat foam. He put the manager on the line to talk to me and the guy i talked to seemed like he was the owner by the way he talked. Anyway, he was really cool and chatted for a bit. He said they don't make seat foam for ATC's right now but he has had some requests and is considering it in the future. He mentioned that he did start making Ceet covers with ATC and 250R on the sides. I told him that was a good idea, because I saw a bunch of people on this site getting excited about that. I made sure i told him i was a member of 3ww and org and i made sure to tell him that if the aftermarket companies would pay a little more attention they would see that there is still quite a strong following for trikes. He acknowledged that he knew there is a following and said he was working on some possible future stuff for trikes.

I don't know if there is anything to get excited about there but that's what i found out. So, anybody who was under the impression that these companies made seat foam for ATC's, they don't. And Ceet is the only one who seemed remotely interested in offering it in the future. Just a heads up for you guys.

Bigbore
03-19-2009, 08:09 PM
I know that Hi-Flite changed ownership about 8 months ago, but I just bought a '82 R "safety seat" cover and the FOAM.:wondering :wondering

Hoosier_Daddy
03-19-2009, 08:35 PM
I know that Hi-Flite changed ownership about 8 months ago, but I just bought a '82 R "safety seat" cover and the FOAM.:wondering :wondering
When i checked both companies list availability on their websites yet when i call to inquire about it, nothing.:wondering :confused:

Mrs.Mosh
03-19-2009, 08:44 PM
I called Hi Flight and asked if they had seat foam for 350X. They said nope. Nothing like that for ATC's. After that they seemed completely uninterested in me unless I wanted to buy a seat cover.

Wrong.....

Hi-Flite does have seat foam for our trikes. I have been a dealer for Hi-Flite, for customers on this forum, and others, for over 3 years. If they weren't making foam anymore, I would be one of the first to know.

Like BigBore said...
They switched ownership and things have changed there. I am sure with time (learning curve) things will get more efficient.

I get all my seat foams from Hi-Flite. I just ordered a bunch of 350x foams a few weeks ago.

I have been doing seats for people on this forum (and others) for 4-5 years now. My work is as close to factory as you will find. I do not put my "logo" or company name on the covers, I have no seams in my covers (unless ordered that way). I don't understand why all of a sudden there is this big interest in these other (non forum supporting) companies.
Ceet & Hi-Flite have been around for years, but they have never really supported any of the websites.

The most recent seat thread (CEET) I did notice (as my husband pointed out, and I have seen in person) that the color isn't quite restoration quality, and the logos aren't exact. But like I said, it is probably a good low cost replacement cover. If CEET does start doing foams, I hope they change them from what I have worked with in the past. Their foam is slightly softer than a piece of wood.

I don't know....maybe with enough interest, THEY will take some of the event donations off of my hands.

Hoosier_Daddy
03-19-2009, 08:56 PM
Wrong.....

Hi-Flite does have seat foam for our trikes. I have been a dealer for Hi-Flite, for customers on this forum, and others, for over 3 years. If they weren't making foam anymore, I would be one of the first to know.

Like BigBore said...
They switched ownership and things have changed there. I am sure with time (learning curve) things will get more efficient.

I get all my seat foams from Hi-Flite. I just ordered a bunch of 350x foams a few weeks ago.

I have been doing seats for people on this forum (and others) for 4-5 years now. My work is as close to factory as you will find. I do not put my "logo" or company name on the covers, I have no seams in my covers (unless ordered that way). I don't understand why all of a sudden there is this big interest in these other (non forum supporting) companies.
Ceet & Hi-Flite have been around for years, but they have never really supported any of the websites.

The most recent seat thread (CEET) I did notice (as my husband pointed out, and I have seen in person) that the color isn't quite restoration quality, and the logos aren't exact. But like I said, it is probably a good low cost replacement cover. If CEET does start doing foams, I hope they change them from what I have worked with in the past. Their foam is slightly softer than a piece of wood.

I don't know....maybe with enough interest, THEY will take some of the event donations off of my hands.This is what i don't understand. Your husband is one of the people who directed my to Hi Flight and Ceet to buy new foam. Why did both companies tell me they don't have it when i called them and talked to them? If anyone would know they sell it, it would be you, I just don't know why they told me no. What's up with that?:wondering

Hoosier_Daddy
03-19-2009, 08:58 PM
While i'm inquiring, can you PM me how much you would charge to recover and foam my 350X seat?

The only catch is, I'm looking to get the seat cover in silver.

Mrs.Mosh
03-19-2009, 09:05 PM
quoted from your wanted ad, here is what my husband suggested to you.

Chances are,You will never find good used foam. 350x foams all fall apart near the gast tank.
New is the way to go.

This is what i don't understand. Your husband is one of the people who directed my to Hi Flight and Ceet to buy new foam. Why did both companies tell me they don't have it when i called them and talked to them? If anyone would know they sell it, it would be you, I just don't know why they told me no. What's up with that?:wondering

Hi-flite yes, but neither Mosh nor I, would direct anyone to the other company for foam.

All I can tell you is...Hi-Flite has had some temps in their office. They may not know the ins & outs of the operation yet.
And even my orders have been really delayed since the change of ownership, and I also know they only form molds on certain days.
Man, I miss Mike, the old owner. He would say "how many 350x foams do you need today, Tammy?":(

I can pm you a price, but there is a waiting list. I am always scheduling out a number of weeks for people.

hinddee29
03-19-2009, 09:17 PM
Let compair for everyone to see. A ceet cover and a Cosmic quad cover. Which is better?

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m134/hinddee29/BOeyH5mkKGrHgoH-DgEjlLlgJ6SBJu9zo7G.jpg

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m134/hinddee29/TRX250R800.jpg

Dammit!
03-19-2009, 09:30 PM
Here's three of the seats I've gotten done by Cosmic Quads.

350x stock replica (w/ new foam)
Completely custom 250R seat with custom made foam
http://www.triketrash.com/images/seat1.jpg

1986 250sx stock replica with new foam.
http://www.triketrash.com/images/seat2.jpg

And I just got a 200x seat today but haven't had time to take a pic yet.

Hoosier_Daddy
03-19-2009, 09:44 PM
Good post John. I don't know if there is a thread like that either. I haven't been around these boards for very long so i ask a lot of rookie questions. I have no clue, for the most part, who does what or who makes what. I just recently saw a thread about the Mosh's way of recovering a seat. I knew they did it before, but not until this last couple weeks did I realize the extent of their operation.

That's whay i ask these questions. A lot of people get frustrated when new people ask questions, but if we don't ask, how will we ever learn. When we learn we pass that knowledge down to the next batch of noobies. That's the way it normally works.

I wish you luck with all your new endevours, John. You do great work and you have been very helpful to me since day one. I hope, someday, i can repay you with some help of my own.

The Goat
03-19-2009, 09:49 PM
Mrs. Tammy's work is downright amazing...

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m40/cosmicquads/greenatc2.jpg

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m40/cosmicquads/greenatc1.jpg

I rest my case.

That's over 20 year old foam because I was a cheapo and didn't want to spring for a new foam.

Hoosier_Daddy
03-19-2009, 09:49 PM
quoted from your wanted ad, here is what my husband suggested to you.

Hi-flite yes, but neither Mosh nor I, would direct anyone to the other company for foam.

All I can tell you is...Hi-Flite has had some temps in their office. They may not know the ins & outs of the operation yet.
And even my orders have been really delayed since the change of ownership, and I also know they only form molds on certain days.
Man, I miss Mike, the old owner. He would say "how many 350x foams do you need today, Tammy?":(

I can pm you a price, but there is a waiting list. I am always scheduling out a number of weeks for people.I didn't intend to accuse Moshman of directing me anywhere. He was one of the people in that thread that day and some people made suggestions where to get some foam. I thought I remembered him saying Hi Flight but I guess he didn't. I had no intent to insult him or you. It was just a memory mistake. I didn't realize you would get offended by it and I'm sorry.

I would appreciate a quote if you could.

Mosh
03-19-2009, 09:51 PM
No offense was taken. I just don't want people to think I was steering someone the wrong way.

The supporting members forum/yellow pages forum/ who makes what forum, has been brought up a number of times. I don't know why the site hasn't added an area like that?
Last time I looked, not many of the mentioned above, are even on the links page, nor has the links page been updated since 2007. Many of the links don't even work, so how would a guy know what products are available inside the forum if he wanted to support it and it's members?

Dammit!
03-19-2009, 09:52 PM
Has there been a who do what thread somewhere ?

I don't think there is a thread like that but a sticky in the new world class help section would be a very good idea.

The Goat
03-19-2009, 09:54 PM
I hear ya mosh...That's why my first post in my build thread lists everyon I've used and what I've used them for. If it can help someone, then it's worth updating it.

on an unrelated note while this thread has everyones attention

I for one am interested in these chainsliders mentioned above...does anyone make one for a 350x?

Hoosier_Daddy
03-19-2009, 10:08 PM
By your need to know questions, too supplies I hope are NOT needed at the rides I attend (I Will BE PICKING YOU UP FOR TF09 ~ plan on camping that week - you ARE going).
Did not mean to hijack your post, good research on foam I didn't know about.

johnI promise, i'm trying hard to get it hammered out so I can go this year.

p.s. I don't feel like you hijacked this thread. You made some great points and maybe we will get enough attention to get a sticky thread with a list of forum members "do" stuff.:beer

3Razors
03-19-2009, 11:40 PM
I hope Hi-Flite gets there act together for better customer service with their new management. I have bought probably about 20 seats kits for all kinds of varying machines since the early 90's from them and have never had a problem. I guess time will tell how the new ownership works out.