PDA

View Full Version : Tecate guys advice please

cybrman
03-18-2009, 07:01 PM
Well I didn't make the 7hour trip last week to get the Tri-Z even though i wanted to, guess I'm no Goat! Can't stand the thought of 14+ hours on the road lol.
Anyway I ran across an even rarer bike closer to home and would like your input on anything you see in the pics and what you would pay for the bike.

You'll notice no swingarm in these pics, he took it off to extend but never did it, says he has it though. He claims its in need of a piston. Probably a bit more just because youre there anyway, but Ok no problem. It's in pieces as you will also notice.

http://www.cybrman.com/pictures/20090318tecate/default1.htm

So let me know what you think
Thanks

tecat-z
03-18-2009, 07:53 PM
Looks like a good place to start. Believe me, i've started with some bikes that have had a rough life too. But looks like a fairly complete machine overall, with what may be a sweet pipe. The silencer doesn't appear to be Tecate though. Git it as cheap as possible as always for a bike in pieces.

250rulzes
03-18-2009, 07:55 PM
IMO $400.00 tops if it's alll there, I would snag that over a Triz anyday.

ScottZJ
03-18-2009, 08:18 PM
Yeah It that sucker is complete with all you would want to make a good rider, then I would snag it fast! I am currently looking for one right now to add to my 2 stroker fleet. If you get it, do a nice build up thread on it, as I love to see the before and after shots of trike builds.

Hoosier_Daddy
03-18-2009, 08:19 PM
$300-$400 in that condition since you really don't know what's going on in the engine. It's an 85 so at least it will be easier to find parts for it and a lot cheaper then the 86/87. But, it still gets tough sometimes. Good luck with it.

fabiodriven
03-18-2009, 09:55 PM
I'm with these guys, bout 4-5 hundy. Definately faster than most tri-z's anyways. (Ooohhhh, no he didn't!)