PDA

View Full Version : 86 250r gas in oil

85 250sx
03-17-2009, 11:59 AM
ok well the other day i changed the oil in my 86 250r and saw that it came out real watery, but then i got a big wiff of gasoline. i had noticed before that the compression didnt feel all that great anymore so i firgured the gas got down there becasue of blow by. so i took the head off and inspected the cylinder and did notice it was pretty worn out, like if i take my fingure and put it on the piston i can wiggle the piston inside the cylinder some. like not alot but enough to notice it move and more than enough to let gas get by.
so my question was how can you tell when its time for a new bore job and piston or just a hone job and rings? thanks

Macs
03-17-2009, 12:01 PM
You will need to put a Mic to see if it is still in spec.

Yamaha_Rules69
03-17-2009, 12:21 PM
Did you leave the gas petcock on the "ON" position when you parked it? Sometimes if you have a sticky float in the carb and a clogged overflow tube, the gas will just keep flowing and find its way into the crankcase.
since you have it apart, do a ring end gap measurement, and see what that it comes to. Go from there. Good luck,

------ jon

85 250sx
03-17-2009, 12:41 PM
actualy yeah i have left the gas on and i have come back to it before and noticed some gas had seeped out of the overflow. so that could be it too.

riverrat
03-17-2009, 01:03 PM
ok well the other day i changed the oil in my 86 250r and saw that it came out real watery, but then i got a big wiff of gasoline. i had noticed before that the compression didnt feel all that great anymore so i firgured the gas got down there becasue of blow by. so i took the head off and inspected the cylinder and did notice it was pretty worn out, like if i take my fingure and put it on the piston i can wiggle the piston inside the cylinder some. like not alot but enough to notice it move and more than enough to let gas get by.
so my question was how can you tell when its time for a new bore job and piston or just a hone job and rings? thanks

Down where? The gas\oil mix pass through the crankcase on every stroke. It's not blowing by the piston and getting in your oil. The oil is transmission fluid, not oil to lubricate the crank bearings, like on a 4 stroke.

KASEY
03-17-2009, 07:54 PM
gas CANNOT get into the transmission on a 250r,,,,,, you said watery do you mean thin or wattery... and grey colored like a waterpump seal is leaking,,,,,,,,,,,, GET a manual and do some reading,,,,,,,,,,,

85 250sx
03-17-2009, 09:52 PM
in watery i ment realy thin and not sticky. and it reaked of gas tho and wasnt realy grey either