PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have access to a water jet?

thefox
03-16-2009, 09:57 PM
I need some parts cut from ¼” steel for the YTM/YT rear suspension kits I am reproducing. I am finishing drawing up the brackets in AutoCAD and will be getting a price to have them cut locally unless anyone here could hook a triker up. I am not planning on making any money on the kits, I just want them to be available to the trike community. I want to cut enough for 2 kits for the initial mock up.

I have never had parts cut before so hopefully I am doing this right.

This is what they will look like (I have to change the top pair of brackets), there is enough for 1 kit pictured.

http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh293/thefoxman45/brackets.jpg

Dirtcrasher
03-16-2009, 10:03 PM
HONDA250SX has some connections. And he's a great guy thats always willing to help! Send him a PM.

I tried to give him some aluminum for Z STROKERS on the water jet, but he's just too fast for me though and got them elsewhere...... We still got love though!

racerxxx
03-18-2009, 10:20 PM
Fox,

Get some finished dimensions on the parts and send me a PM or Email and I'll take them to a guy right up the street from my shop and I'll see if he'll quote them for you. My father-in-law has stuff cut by him here and there and I know him as well, he does stuff very reasonable, and his water jet is huge I think the table is something like 12'X10'. It can cut some serious material. My F-I-L was getting something like 2" thick being cut, he does it in like 25 minutes as compared to 8 hours on a standard mill! I'll check to see how he need the file wether a DWG file of a DXF file. I'll ask him tomorrow.

Racerxxx

Louis Mielke
03-18-2009, 10:22 PM
my buddy works in a sheetmetal shop. They have a plasma table. I know he'd do it for cost of materials. He's always looking for these kinds of projects.

thefox
03-18-2009, 11:42 PM
I should be able to finish the last bracket tomorrow and send you both a pm with more details, thanks guys!