PDA

View Full Version : Mystery Head and Cylinder.

money89tractors
03-14-2009, 08:43 PM
I found this picture of a 83 250R. its being sold as a parts bike a few hours from me. I took one look at the head and i knew it wasnt stock. It doesnt really look like a 300 kit either? Any idea?

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o125/money89tractors/3n43m93o2ZZZZZZZZZ93360ed5c60bf1911.jpg

firefirefire90
03-14-2009, 08:47 PM
it isn't a DG sunburst head(I believe) but it is practically the same thing... ooohhh I have the name of it on the tip of my tongue!!! ahh but yeah man snag it up that's a cool oldschool part designed to keep the head cool

Nick_R_23
03-14-2009, 08:49 PM
Looks like a stock cylinder and a DG Sunburst head, both of which have either been blasted or painted gray.

-Nick :TrikesOwn

firefirefire90
03-14-2009, 09:41 PM
actually you're right nick... OOOH AND YOU HAVE THE DDM ANGEL EYES IN PROJECTORS?!?! NOICE!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL oh yeah and I took another look and it seems to be a sunburst head that had been bead blasted

Nick_R_23
03-14-2009, 10:04 PM
OOOH AND YOU HAVE THE DDM ANGEL EYES IN PROJECTORS?!?! NOICE!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh yeahhhhh!! Love em too!! However....I need to give them a call sometime about a shipping quote for a M3 front bumper, mine is now wasted as I lost a fight with a snowbank. :lol:

-Nick :TrikesOwn

Daddio
03-14-2009, 10:04 PM
DG sunburst head, stock cylinder, painted like the rest of it. The head might be worth $100. I would offer no more than $100 if that's all there is.

200x newby
03-15-2009, 01:53 AM
I thought somebody on here just baught the motor.

freaksfix
03-15-2009, 03:38 AM
it ooohhh I have the name of it on the tip of my tongue!!! ahh but yeah man snag it up that's a cool oldschool part designed to keep the head cool

Were you trying to spit out Elmer Head as Don Elmer of Roost Factory AKA FMF?

Ive seen a few guys bead blast the DG head and polish it up, I think it looks good but not being gold realy takes away from it..

firefirefire90
03-15-2009, 03:24 PM
Were you trying to spit out Elmer Head as Don Elmer of Roost Factory AKA FMF?

Ive seen a few guys bead blast the DG head and polish it up, I think it looks good but not being gold realy takes away from it..

I think that is what I was thinking of... I realized it was a DG though by looking at the two shorter lower fins.. for whatever reason, it not being gold threw off the entire look of it in my eyes.

dizasterzrfun69
03-15-2009, 09:40 PM
yea its a dg sunburst. It also was a CT sectional pipe on it. The $50 motor AND exhaust is actually still in the back seat of my truck from last week. :w00t:

money89tractors
03-16-2009, 08:10 AM
ahh so i shouldnt keep tryin to get hold of the guy about it? lol

-Phil

dizasterzrfun69
03-16-2009, 11:51 AM
ahh so i shouldnt keep tryin to get hold of the guy about it? lol

-Phil

no there wasnt a whole lot left of the bike. i got the exhaust, motor, swingarm bolt, boost bottle, headlight, rear grab bar and wiring harness. he did have the calipers, frame, swinger, shock, airbox, front end, and 10 inch rear wheels with HUGE old hoosier type tires.

ceaserthethird
03-16-2009, 01:37 PM
Ooooo That's cold .... Snatch it from your Hands !

What a Back Staber :beer

money89tractors
03-16-2009, 03:53 PM
Well dang. Wanna sell the top end? minus head... if the piston and cylinder is in good shape? the guy that bought my 81R is in need of them. might buy the head too if you wanna sell and price is right.

tell ya what, ill give ya your moneys back for it :D lol

-Phil

Yamahondaman
03-16-2009, 04:15 PM
no there wasnt a whole lot left of the bike. i got the exhaust, motor, swingarm bolt, boost bottle, headlight, rear grab bar and wiring harness. he did have the calipers, frame, swinger, shock, airbox, front end, and 10 inch rear wheels with HUGE old hoosier type tires.

PM me PLEZZZZ dizaster .. !

freaksfix
03-16-2009, 08:05 PM

Nice score:beer .. Looks like weve both got some parts each other wants now:D .. Interested in trading? Where the tires any good? You close enough to go back and get them?

dizasterzrfun69
03-16-2009, 10:46 PM
Nice score:beer .. Looks like weve both got some parts each other wants now:D .. Interested in trading? Where the tires any good? You close enough to go back and get them?

i dont know if the tires were good, He said they held air when he parked it but i know they were flat when i was there. Theyre about 3 hrs from me and im layed off so i dont think i'll be heading back down there anytime soon. you want me to Pm you his name/number if i still got it? these parts were off an 83-84, not an 81-82 like his ad said.

dizasterzrfun69
03-16-2009, 10:50 PM
Well dang. Wanna sell the top end? minus head... if the piston and cylinder is in good shape? the guy that bought my 81R is in need of them. might buy the head too if you wanna sell and price is right.

tell ya what, ill give ya your moneys back for it :D lol

-Phil

im planning on putting the whole motor in one of my 83/84 R's. If i decide to use it for parts and just fix mine then i'll let you know.