PDA

View Full Version : how many balls

1985BigRed250ES
03-12-2009, 11:26 AM
Im currently restoring my 1980 Honda 110. I took everything off the frame except the wiiring harness. Whe n I took the forks off I had a container to catch the bearings. Some didnt make it into the container. I picked up all that I could find. My question is how many bearings(or balls)(whatever their called) supposed to be? If they should be replaced let me know as I have to get new bearings and seals for the front axle.

Also, does anybody know of any tricks to get dents (or most of them) out of a gas tank?

I am also looking for decals for the trike, for the tank, fenders and I am looking for a reproduction identification tag.

It reads: Honda Motor Or something like that and then it says 1980 HONDA ATC 110 and it was built in July of 1979. anybody know where I can get these decals?

I am also looking for the rubber gromets that goes under the rear fenders and the one that goes under the gas tank. If you guys have what I need or know where I can get my hands on em let me know.

adamd
03-12-2009, 11:41 AM
for the stickers u might try here

http://www.atcheaven.com/Decals_110.php?pageNum_Dec_110=0&totalRows_Dec_110=13

thy sell the reproduction year tags but are temporaly out of stock on your year but thy have alot of parts

Howdy
03-12-2009, 11:50 AM
There is 21 bearings in the top and 21 in the bottom. If you need some let me know. I have a bunch of them. I probably have the rubber gromets as well.
Drop me a Pm if your interested.
Howdy

DeePa
03-12-2009, 11:50 AM
here are your best bet for steering stem bearings

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/79-85-ATC110-Steering-Stem-Bearing-Kit-ATC-110_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ43974QQihZ016QQitem Z260368379617QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

as per the number of old bearings, look on a parts fiche and itll say the required quanity

1985BigRed250ES
03-12-2009, 12:07 PM
Howdy thanks. Check your PM. I sent you a PM yesterday regarding the shifter lever did you recieve it? I got to go count the balls and will post back what I need.

Jordan

Howdy
03-12-2009, 12:16 PM
Howdy thanks. Check your PM. I sent you a PM yesterday regarding the shifter lever did you recieve it? I got to go count the balls and will post back what I need.

Jordan

No need to count them. I can hook you up with enough and cheap!! You have a PM with more info.
Howdy

1985BigRed250ES
03-12-2009, 12:24 PM
thanks Howdy. I got the PM and sent you a PM back.

beets442
03-12-2009, 12:40 PM
As far as dents go, depending on how bad they are, I've heard you can fill it(gas tank) with water and freezing(deep freezer) it will pop the dents out. I haven't done this myself, so ask around. Cheap way without putting heat to the tank.Beets

racerxxx
03-12-2009, 01:15 PM
As far as dents go, depending on how bad they are, I've heard you can fill it(gas tank) with water and freezing(deep freezer) it will pop the dents out. I haven't done this myself, so ask around. Cheap way without putting heat to the tank.Beets

That's a cool idea (no pun intended) but just remember when water is frozen it expands 9-10% so if you top off your tank with water you'll burst a seam! I'm curious to see if that would actually work??

1985BigRed250ES
03-12-2009, 02:32 PM
LOL I might try that. I will just have to keep a close eye on it to keep the tank from busting. so what do you guys think. fill the tank about half-3/4 full and put it in the deep freezer? think that will work or will i need to put more water in it?

racerxxx
03-12-2009, 03:58 PM
There's 128 onces in a gallon, fill your tank by measuring it. It deff will hold more than a gal, so dump a gal of water in, then top off by using a cup that you know the ounces (ratio rite cup). Once you know the capicity, take 10% of that and viola there it is. I'd probably try it on a junk tank first! Remember your gonna have to put your cap on too! Post the results, pics too before and after (the seams split) If it works that is cool! I like it when someone else is the guiena pig.:naughty:

Howdy
03-12-2009, 04:06 PM
LOL I might try that. I will just have to keep a close eye on it to keep the tank from busting. so what do you guys think. fill the tank about half-3/4 full and put it in the deep freezer? think that will work or will i need to put more water in it?

I have never personally done this yet, but here is what I was told. Personally I think you do not want to totally fill the tank with water and freeze it. This will cause it to expand in all directions and bend where you don't want it to.

If the dents are in the side (s) then fill the tank 1/4 of the way full and set the tank in the freezer with the dent pointing down ( might have to do this a few times depending on how big and how many dents there is ) . Be sure to keep the water away from the seams as it will rip the seams apart.
How it works is the The water should freeze and push the dent out. I think there needs to be 2" or so of water above the dent.
Hopefully someone that has tried this can chime in with more info.

Howdy

1985BigRed250ES
03-13-2009, 12:56 AM
thanks howdy im going to try it this weekend.