PDA

View Full Version : Which Other Carb Works 85 YTM 200e?

Just-Tri-It
03-11-2009, 03:10 PM
I need a decent carb for an 85 YTM 200ERN. Manual says only an 84 or 85 will work. Someone said one from a Yamaha big bear 350 would work...I don't know. Anyone know for sure what would work well without any mod?
Thanks

sheeptender

Just TRI It

Louis Mielke
03-11-2009, 05:09 PM
A yamaha timberwolf carb should work. Also if you make a custom boot I would think a yamaha bear tracker carb could be made to work as well. The 350 carb is probably too big.

Yamada
03-11-2009, 05:30 PM
One from a 225dx ou dr should fit.

Just-Tri-It
03-12-2009, 10:54 AM
Anyone Got one Lying Around off a 84 or 85 just collecting dust, mold, mildew, rust, rat pills, etc. and want to see it put to good use??:wondering
I could use it.:Bounce

Thanks
sheeptender

ATCeeya
03-12-2009, 10:58 AM
One from a 225dx ou dr should fit.

I tired swapping carb from my 225dx to my 200e and they werent the same. To make it work it looked like I needed the plastic intake deal off the motor thats attached to the carb to swap over to the other trike. Mine was being stubborn so I never got the bolts off to be able to do it.

Sheep I MAYYYY Have one. I'll check when I go to my dads. No guarentees but if I got it you can have it for free just pay ship. Ill check because I know I did have one somewhere, hopefully I can find it.

Yamada
03-12-2009, 12:39 PM
I tired swapping carb from my 225dx to my 200e and they werent the same. To make it work it looked like I needed the plastic intake deal off the motor thats attached to the carb to swap over to the other trike. Mine was being stubborn so I never got the bolts off to be able to do it.

Sheep I MAYYYY Have one. I'll check when I go to my dads. No guarentees but if I got it you can have it for free just pay ship. Ill check because I know I did have one somewhere, hopefully I can find it.

Thank you to correct me if I was wrong. I never tried it but they seems very similar. Maybe yours was the Mikuni VM24. Can't remember, but they is a different model using a bigger carb.

Just-Tri-It
03-12-2009, 01:23 PM

Thanks for checking. I'll wait to hear from you when you get a chance to look.

sheeptender

Just TRI It!

ATCeeya
03-13-2009, 02:45 PM
im dumb i was there today and forgot to go look. maybe ill head back again and see I dont have much going on being laid off work and all. ill let u know