PDA

View Full Version : Tecate with a corroded and leaking head Gasket Pics

Meat-BoX
03-11-2009, 10:39 AM
Well I was getting ready to do the Stator when I noticed the head gasket is corroded and there was a few drips of Antifreeze drippin down from the gasket. Anyone ever seen this before? The corrosion looks like crystals. Heres some pics. This damn thing is starting to annoy me. Might be time for that Sprock Cool Head I always wanted. Just didnt want to mess with it because its new. But it looks like it needs to come apart now.

Also it hasnt ran since those few minutes at Brapps, so this is just from sitting.

MIK6
03-11-2009, 12:10 PM
What are the head bolts torqued to?
I had to check mine at RAFFAs. Once i tightened them up it ran fine.
You need to bring that T3 up here for a day or two. we can throw it on the bench and go thru it front to rear. Got to get it ready for summer!!

MIK6 / Mike

Dirtcrasher
03-11-2009, 02:10 PM
I wonder why it's corroding if you used antifreeze in there??

You may have water with a PH thats way out of whack, my PH untreated is near 14 which is super high. It eats copper pipes from the inside out :eek:

If you fin d anything corroded in that head, I'd yank the clutch cover and check out all the waterpump goodies before you have more issues.

Good luck, let us know what ya find Meat!!

Meat-BoX
03-11-2009, 02:14 PM
Yea I am running just antifreeze but I forgot to mention that the oil in the eye looked gray. I was just hoping I was seeing things. I havnt been able to get into her. Mike I may take you up on your offer. My guy has been delaying and I was looking to have it done this week. I just want to ride this thing. I will keep this posted. This motor has been totally redone and has about 4 tanks of gas through it.

fabiodriven
03-11-2009, 05:30 PM
My head gasket looks like that too. It's not quite that bad, though. I was wondering what that's from myself.

200x Basket
03-11-2009, 06:47 PM
i would retorque it first and see if it stops. if not tear into it.