PDA

View Full Version : How tough is my axle...

350Kris
07-14-2003, 03:05 PM
How much does it really take to bend a stock axle? I am talking 350x here. I am a moderate jumper (nothing like you Bill!) and a decently hard trail rider. I weigh about 205. I have a new stock axle on my "show" x, but am considering getting a Durablue HD. What do you guys think?

Yamaha_Rules69
07-14-2003, 05:18 PM
Ride it until it bends before you fork out a bunch of cash for a BLUE. The stock axles are fairly strong. I ride my 85 200x pretty hard sometimes. I weigh about 180, and also do a lot of jumping. I havent managed to bend my axle yet, even tho my shock (stiffened damn near all the way) bottoms hard on huge jumps. I guess it depends how hard you hit, and what your landing looks like. If it hasnt bent yet, then you should be okay for a while. My .02$

NOS_350X
07-14-2003, 06:30 PM
ive done some crazy jumps on my 350x and its still straight one of my fat friends was riding it and bent a rim tho he was riding it on 2 wheels (front and right) and went over a jump now the rim is bent

crazyorigin
07-14-2003, 07:26 PM
stock honda axles are really strong, people run them on mild motocorss machines w/o many proiblems, you'll likely bend rims first, unless you take a hit rite in the axle, that could do soem dammage. unless your looking for the added look, and width, stick is fine, you can polish them fairly easily, put it in gear and wire brush the heck out of it, and then you can buff it the same way. i'm not sure if lonestar makes a 350x axle, but they mite, i have found fit and finish on lonestar axles to be nicer than durablue, i run a lonestar on my 400ex, and it looks awesome, tripple chrome, sweet sprocked hub too.