PDA

View Full Version : 1982 Honda 250r

techmaster330
03-08-2009, 10:10 AM
I went for 250r on eBay but lost...but what do you know the owner emailed me this morning and said:

"If you want the 250R ... I would rather sell it to you. The guy that won the auction asked me after it ended if it was a 2 stroke or a 4 stroke! What a moron... I would rather sell it to someone that appreciates what it is. IF you want it for $900 its yours and ill tell this other guy to take a walk. Give me a call anytime really and we will set something up."

:D M gonna get me a 250r and a 200x within 2 weeks :D :w00t:

Dammit!
03-08-2009, 10:37 AM
Sounds real fishy to me. Be careful. Cash when you pick it up ONLY.

seadoo650
03-08-2009, 10:43 AM
Sounds like shill bidding to me. I'd tell him a lower amount. What was your last highest bid? Like dammit said to. Cash on pick up and take a friend along.

Dammit!
03-08-2009, 10:45 AM
You got a link to the auction?

techmaster330
03-08-2009, 11:00 AM
yes here is the link

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110357879056&ssPageName=ADME:B:CMB:MOTORS:1123

Dammit!
03-08-2009, 11:10 AM
I hate how ebay doesn't show who the bidders are anymore. Shill bidders paradise. This part here really looks like a red flag to me.

FYI .... If winning bidder backs out for any reason a non paying bidder strike will be given

and I will contact the next couple highest bidders for their final offer for purchase of the 250R

...So if you dont win the auction you may still have a chance at the purchase if the winner backs out...

Thanks and Goodluck

I could be wrong of course, and if the seller is a member here and legit I apologize but that just sounds like a prelude to being shill bidded to me. I also don't think it's worth anywhere near a grand.

Hope I'm wrong and I'm not trying to rain on your parade or anything. I'd offer him whatever you think it's worth to you and if he takes it, great. If not, don't sweat it. Another one will come along.

techmaster330
03-08-2009, 11:14 AM
I'm gonna give this guy a call and see if he'll take $750...if not I'll find another

chris200x
03-08-2009, 11:16 AM
I'm gonna give this guy a call and see if he'll take $750...if not I'll find another

whatever you do do not send money via paypal. cash when you go look at it only!

techmaster330
03-08-2009, 11:18 AM
Thats what i was thinking

Saul
03-08-2009, 11:41 AM
1st off - congrats on a hopefully solid purchase. Hope it works out for you.

Second, a few of us over at the foolers forum have been looking at that one and wondering just how he got that late model seat to fit so damn well on that trike?!

So when you go to look at it and hopefully buy it, please have a look at the seat and see how he has that fitted on there? We would appreciate it.

Good luck.

seadoo650
03-08-2009, 11:46 AM
Check his last feedback. Even mentions shill bidding on another account. I would steer clear of this one. Plus he even mentions backing out from the original winner. Not cool in my book.

Here's his orininal Craigslist ad. Looks like he was hoping to getmmore for it.

http://columbus.craigslist.org/cto/1033591337.html

userj8670
03-08-2009, 12:02 PM
I hate how ebay doesn't show who the bidders are anymore. Shill bidders paradise. This part here really looks like a red flag to me.

I could be wrong of course, and if the seller is a member here and legit I apologize but that just sounds like a prelude to being shill bidded to me. I also don't think it's worth anywhere near a grand.

Hope I'm wrong and I'm not trying to rain on your parade or anything. I'd offer him whatever you think it's worth to you and if he takes it, great. If not, don't sweat it. Another one will come along.

I cant agree with Dammit more here. When i read that its almost like he put that in there in the event that he knew he would be contacting the losers of the bid. Its just to 'perfect'. The statement saying he would contact the others and the fact the winning bidder did ask such a dumb question..,....Yah, It sounds to set up bro. Please believe I/We are not raining on your parade here, just giving you an outside view. But bring a friend and cash only on pickup. To be honest i wouldnt give him more than 700 for it but thats just me....Probably closers to 6. Best of luck!!:welcome:

techmaster330
03-08-2009, 12:13 PM
I sent him a message saying i have some trusted "advisers" on this thing and $650 seems fair, if not I'm not buying. And even if he agrees to it, I'll pay after I look at it.

chris200x
03-08-2009, 12:15 PM
Check his last feedback. Even mentions shill bidding on another account. I would steer clear of this one. Plus he even mentions backing out from the original winner. Not cool in my book.

Here's his orininal Craigslist ad. Looks like he was hoping to getmmore for it.

http://columbus.craigslist.org/cto/1033591337.html

Damn Rick,, your quite the detective. good work my freind! :beer

I agree with userj as well. he's gonna risk another negative feedback by backing out of an auction because he didn't like the question the winnder bidder asked. somethings fishy....

seadoo650
03-08-2009, 12:19 PM
Damn Rick,, your quite the detective. good work my freind! :beer

I agree with userj as well. he's gonna risk another negative feedback by backing out of an auction because he didn't like the question the winnder bidder asked. somethings fishy....

No so much of a detective. I just remember seeing it on the Ohio craigslist before.

200x newby
03-08-2009, 02:30 PM
I would hold off and look local. Findly is only 20 minutes from me and I'm a half hour away from the Indiana border. That would be a hell of a drive to pick up something that that really isn't that nice and I'm sure they are fairly common over in PA you just have to look. The money you save will be burned up in gas.

techmaster330
03-08-2009, 02:40 PM
it is a long drive but if i can get it for 600 then i'm gonna cause i already bought a 200x in sterling and i could just make a loop and pick both up...a really big loop...the total driving is somewhere around 700 miles ... if he wont sell for 600 then screw it, i wont pay 900 for it

seadoo650
03-10-2009, 08:18 PM
It's back up on CL. I'm gonna assume he would'nt go lower. It was deffinately shill bidding. Put this one on the radar boys.
http://columbus.craigslist.org/mcy/1068367487.html

techmaster330
03-11-2009, 05:58 AM
I decided to tell him i wasn't buying it cause it sounded too fishy to me.

CRsambo250r
03-12-2009, 05:10 PM
I decided to tell him i wasn't buying it cause it sounded too fishy to me.

Sounds like a good idea man, he is asking way too much for it and he seems sketchy. I bought an 82 atc 250r 2 weeks ago on ebay and lucked out. I got it for $500, and spent $60 in fuel driving to Arizona to get it and it runs pretty good. Check craigslist locally and in the cities/states your willing to drive too.

Jared200x
03-12-2009, 06:49 PM
Findley Ohio is a haul from Pa,...I used to live close to Findley,...my wifes from there,...did you know right now downtown Findley is under water? flooded AGAIN like 3rd time in 4-5 years?....you might want to check into that before a 8 hour drive....Jared200x