PDA

View Full Version : Yamaha DR 225/ Yamaha DX 225

dcbaaca25
03-07-2009, 07:10 AM
Hi guys

I have problem with my Yamaha DR 225, and I am sure the problem has already been posted somewhere, but here goes:

It only starts when I put fuel in to the head, so it is being starved of fuel.

It is missing the complete airbox, and so the carb is open at one end. There is a small black box with a black pipe, which looking on my Yamaha DX 225, goes into the air box.

Any basics before taking the carb off? I have put fresh fuel in. Could the fact that there is no air box be the problem?

I can feel air being sucked into the carb when I cover the open end.

Thanks

David

dcbaaca25
03-07-2009, 10:43 AM
Ok, so I stopped being lazy and took the carb off and OMG it was totally full of gunk. Cleaned it thoroughly (lol took some time) with alcohol, air supply and welding wire, and put back together and it fired up after about 15 pulls!

It runs fine up to about 2/3 or 3/4 of the rev range, but wont max out when I let her have it. Low end it is running totally fine - any ideas why it wont reach top revs?

My DX 225 did exactly the same when I first bought it and it eventually fixed itself....

i58829
03-07-2009, 11:20 AM
It may work itself, but i'd say the lack of an air filter and/or box is really changing the way the motor will run at different rpms, due to the unrestricted flow of air when the carb is wide open...

zoomerman
03-07-2009, 11:29 AM
i may be the lack of the airbox or ethier the main jet has abit of dirt in it still. if it isn't that it would be the needle clip in the slide isn't in the right positon

dcbaaca25
03-07-2009, 12:53 PM
Cheers guys.

Going to compare the needle setting with the DX tomorrow and take it from there.

On a seperate not - can you still get the DX 225 stickers/ graphics?