PDA

View Full Version : 250R front end

BlueWheeler
07-13-2003, 06:44 PM
Well the seals on the forks of my 250r went out and it was leaking fluid like a mad man. So I went to beaverton honda and got a new set, oil and a manual for the bike. I get home and start looking through the book to see how hard it would be to redo the seals and I find out you can use just standard Dex tranny fluid for the forks. So I spent 20 bucks on honda fork oil when I could have spent 2 bucks on a quart of ATF. I had a new quardt of ATF in the garage so I used that. Forks were a peice of cake to do and it took me about an hour and a half cause I kept running out of pepsi.

Took it out to the dunes on Saturday and it rides so much nicer now. Very cushy ride...

I am having a problem with the carb I think though. It is very hesitant and it kinda sputters when I try to give it full throttle. Even if I start rolling in first gear and then punch it it takes it for ever to hit its peak. I do not know whats up. I will take the carb apart and clean it out.

I was looking into some Sand Gecko tires on ITP wheels for $150 in town. Anyone know if that is a decent price for them ??

AirManCam
07-13-2003, 09:29 PM
that seems pretty reasonable with itp rims also