PDA

View Full Version : Omfg!!!!!!!!

yamaha_ripper98
03-05-2009, 02:49 PM
i was ridin the z today and goin about 60 and my rear caliper locked up so i go sliding like crazy sideways almost nail a ditch and by the time i stopped caliper is smoking rotor is glowing and the bearing seal is melted out!!! i made it home after dumping water on the cal. and now its perfect need new pads and seals but it was crazy!!!!!!

Taiser
03-05-2009, 02:55 PM
WOW! What the hell made it seize??

aaron7
03-05-2009, 03:00 PM
The amount of energy in your post makes me tired lol

I hope you're going to rebuilt that caliper! I definately would if it's sticking like that.

Mosh
03-05-2009, 03:46 PM
So you are ripping down the road at 60 MPH with a stripped 3rd gear in the trans?
This is the 86 tri-z with the blown trans?
Sounds great!

Tri-Z 250
03-05-2009, 03:59 PM
Could have been a rock or broken branch wedged in between the case and the brake arm....glowing red hot! Didn't you notice the bike kinda straining to make power? Or slowing between shifts it had to nose down and drag...Your pads had to be smoked to begin with steel on steel gets things that HOT...I'd be curious as to the condition of the disc itself...a tad groved? At least your OK and all is repairable...by the way change the fluid...it boiled and is now shot.

yamaha_ripper98
03-05-2009, 04:24 PM
lol yea you can shift past 3rd i just skip it im gonna rebuild the cal. but i dont really know what made it do this

its really strange it shifts into 3rd and will move but if you give it 2 much throttle it will start grinding but sumtimes it will work and if 3rd works then 4th will do this ????????? i donno bad shifting fork??? is this possible

it sux goin from 2nd to 4th its like that but this thing runs perfect they guy that had it before me said he always rode it like this but i have only rode like 7 times no more that 15 min each ride never rode my 85 z yet so im kinda exited to have a 86 that runs i dont really rip on it tho

Mosh
03-05-2009, 04:31 PM
I wonder if it is safe to be running the trike at 60mph with broken trans gears rattling around in the case.

ATC-Eric
03-05-2009, 04:31 PM
So you are ripping down the road at 60 MPH with a stripped 3rd gear in the trans?
This is the 86 tri-z with the blown trans?
Sounds great!

Lmao!

To extend on this, Ill take that tranny off you cheap :naughty: Gots me an 86 tranny here that needs a new 1st gear :naughty:

EDIT! This offer extends to anyone else interested. Got a blown 6 speed with usable parts? Hit me up!

/thread.

yamaha_ripper98
03-05-2009, 04:37 PM
Could have been a rock or broken branch wedged in between the case and the brake arm....glowing red hot! Didn't you notice the bike kinda straining to make power? Or slowing between shifts it had to nose down and drag...Your pads had to be smoked to begin with steel on steel gets things that HOT...I'd be curious as to the condition of the disc itself...a tad groved? At least your OK and all is repairable...by the way change the fluid...it boiled and is now shot.

it was pefrect until this happened i say a rock because i was on gravel but i didnt take it apart yet to see i would have noticed in between shifts if it didnt happen so quickly

yamaha_ripper98
03-05-2009, 04:40 PM
I wonder if it is safe to be running the trike at 60mph with broken trans gears rattling around in the case.

this is only like the 3rd time i have went that fast i just had to see what it had again lol i have a 225dx and a 200x other than the 2 z's

Russell 350X
03-05-2009, 04:44 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Mosh
03-05-2009, 04:50 PM
I wonder if all those metal shards from the broken trans gears, or forks, are hurting other components?

yamaha_ripper98
03-05-2009, 04:56 PM
I wonder if all those metal shards from the broken trans gears, or forks, are hurting other components?

im sure they dont help but the guy i got it off of said he rode it like that for about a year before the clutch cover broke i have a comp 85 trans to put in it im not gonna ride it anymore until i fix it now but im sorry if i make anyone mad for ridin it like that i just wanted to have sum fun before i tear it apart

i changed the oil like 5 times and then started it because when i got it it was all milky he had it sitting outside for over a year

Mosh
03-05-2009, 04:59 PM
im sure they dont help but the guy i got it off of said he rode it like that for about a year before the clutch cover broke i have a comp 85 trans to put in it im not gonna ride it anymore until i fix it now but im sorry if i make anyone mad for ridin it like that i just wanted to have sum fun before i tear it apart

i changed the oil like 5 times and then started it because when i got it it was all milky he had it sitting outside for over a year

Now we are getting somewhere.;)

honda250sx
03-05-2009, 05:10 PM
Nothing like tons of constructive criticism.

Your only doing more and more damage everytime you ride. Willing to bet that the trans in a whole is worth nothing more than parts now. Most likely the mainshaft and driveshaft have seen enough abuse, shift forks are shot probably, other gears maybe damaged as well. Luckily the motor didnt lock up thats the next step in this lovely equation. Sure you could fix the brakes, but why not fix the powerplant before you do so much damage that its a boat anchor. Food for thought.

ATC-Eric
03-05-2009, 05:16 PM
Ill still take the parts tranny off you! Come on, send it to a good home!

yamaha_ripper98
03-05-2009, 05:27 PM
Ill still take the parts tranny off you! Come on, send it to a good home!

im sure you would but im not getting rid of the 6er I will find parts to fix it sumtime I donno what it even looks like yet I have comp 85 to slap in it just have 2 get gasket kit seals and all the bearings to fix it

Danold
03-05-2009, 09:06 PM
Well, I can say that I have rode this Z and havent heard any noise or felt anything out of the ordinary and I would have to say that all the oil changes havent hurt. We both rode it knowing full well that it probably wasnt in the best interest for the trans.

I can see where hes coming from having never rode one before and having a non-running 85 Z for a year and finally getting a running one. To tell ya the truth I would be anxious to ride one too.