PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Engine Rebuild in VA Beach/Norfolk VA

larryhorne
03-05-2009, 01:41 PM
I'm doing a ground up restoration of a 1983 ATC 200. I have the frame and mechanical handled. Not sure I want to tackle the engine. Head and cylinder are easy but I'm not too crazy about learning the lower end stuff such as clutch etc.

Anyone have a recommendations of a good POC for this work in the VA Beach/Norfolk area of VA? Zip 23434/23607. Not interested in a dealer.

Lar

dmotoxrider
03-05-2009, 05:31 PM
I usually take mine to Werks engineering down in virginia beach. It's a one man operation and just ask for Jim. He is fast, great on prices and he'll either order the parts or if you can get them cheaper just bring them to him. During the summertime it takes longer to get your engine done though because he sponsors some racers and puts them first but he'll still get it done in reasonable time though.

3909 Silina Dr
Virginia Beach, VA 23452
Phone: (757) 340-3730

threewheelin-feelin
03-05-2009, 06:23 PM
what kind of problems are you haveing with the lower end? if you need help with the top end i can help..and ive done clutches before...but as for the lower end its probly fine the way it is as long as the gears are fine and doesnt make noises

larryhorne
04-16-2009, 08:47 AM
the clutch was slipping. you had to baby it into gear, let it bite then gun it. I figure complete top end and entire clutch disc(s) replacement?????

The original owner never did any PM on it. Ran it into the ground. Never changed the oil that I can tell.

Lar

oscarmayer
04-16-2009, 12:22 PM
clutch repalcement is pretty easy. you might as well look at doing the 1-way clutches while your there too. (not cheap, but worth it in the long haul)

if you can do a top end, you can easky do a clutch

larryhorne
04-17-2009, 09:18 AM
Dumb Question:

Deleted........................figured it out.