PDA

View Full Version : New ATC90 Wheels at DennisKirk!

Frankencelery
02-28-2009, 03:26 AM
I've been looking for a new front wheel for my ATC90, and DennisKirk suddenly has some in stock. However, it says it's for rear only. Aren't they the same?

http://www.denniskirk.com/jsp/tpl/cmn/prodlist.jsp;jsessionid=E4XLEASYU3STTLA0WTVSM4VMDK 0NCIV0?store=Main&catId=108&leafCatId=10801&np=&mmyId=8266

That's an insanely long link. I hope it works. If not, go to www.denniskirk.com and look for Dennis Kirk Part #: 551046

I know it's a 1-piece instead of the original 2-pc, but it should still work, right?

n10sivern
02-28-2009, 03:42 AM
rocky mountain offers douglas and itp wheels for atc90. they are offset in the rear so no they will not work in the front unless you shim it somehow.

Frankencelery
02-28-2009, 10:15 AM
Yeah, the Rocky Mountain ATV ones are rears and offset too. Damn. I don't want to mess around with changing the axle.

n10sivern
02-28-2009, 10:30 AM
Unfortunately I don't think anybody makes a zero offset wheel in that size and bolt pattern.

SWIGIN
02-28-2009, 01:43 PM
all you need is a 8x8 wheel with no offset....they make them everyday .

Frankencelery
02-28-2009, 02:44 PM
All I need is an 8x8 3-hole wheel with no offset, and that makes all the difference in the world.

thefox
02-28-2009, 02:57 PM
All I need is an 8x8 3-hole wheel with no offset, and that makes all the difference in the world.

lol, so I am sitting at the table reading this thread and my nephew starts saying.. " I see Frankencelery on Uncle Andrew's computer.... there is Frankencelery.... look, I see Frankencelery...."

lol

Ya know, I see that it says position: rear but then is also has position: front below that. I also don't see where it says what the offset is.

You could alway get an offset rim, then cut your front axle spacer to center the rim (put the cut peice on axle on the other side of the rim).

SWIGIN
02-28-2009, 05:11 PM

they make them, places like dennis kirk might not list them but the wheel companys make them

fabiodriven
02-28-2009, 05:47 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm sorry for the useless post, but I laugh every time I see Frankencelery! Where the hell is that from?

Frankencelery
02-28-2009, 06:00 PM
Tell your nephew I'm not really scary, I'm actually just an actor from Toledo.. :lol:

Yeah, I went back there and I saw that. It adds rear AND front to the list under the same part number! I'm not sure exactly what that means. I may have to call them.

....and SWIGIN, I'm glad you're confident that they make them everyday, but if "places like DennisKirk don't list them", what kind of place do you think might carry them? :wondering

Frankencelery
02-28-2009, 10:09 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm sorry for the useless post, but I laugh every time I see Frankencelery! Where the hell is that from?

Frankencelery is a character in the kids Christian cartoon series Veggie Tales. He only shows up in a couple episodes, but i thought the name was so ridiculous that it would be funny to use as a screen name.

jason85atc250r
02-28-2009, 10:31 PM
Tell your nephew I'm not really scary, I'm actually just an actor from Toledo.. :lol:

Yeah, I went back there and I saw that. It adds rear AND front to the list under the same part number! I'm not sure exactly what that means. I may have to call them.

....and SWIGIN, I'm glad you're confident that they make them everyday, but if "places like DennisKirk don't list them", what kind of place do you think might carry them? :wondering

you would need to call the wheel company direct like ITp or Douglas

you can use the wheels from a Yamaha trike. they are centered and 3x100 pattern + 1 piece rim.

Vealmonkey
02-28-2009, 10:34 PM
Have you tried dr.atv? I know he has some listed that have a 4x4 offset, meaning centered.

racerxxx
03-01-2009, 10:54 AM
Franken,

Are you looking for some?? I think I have 3 stock 2 piece rims that are 3 bolt pattern. I believe I have the hardware(carriage bolts) and orings as well. Let me know if your are and I'll check the shop.

Racerxxx

Frankencelery
03-01-2009, 12:24 PM
Have you tried dr.atv? I know he has some listed that have a 4x4 offset, meaning centered.

You're right, they do. At $49 each plus shipping, they're a little steep. Besides, it would end up being $150, because your trike looks unbalanced with only one alloy whee!
:lol: