PDA

View Full Version : 200x mods /cam

adamd
02-28-2009, 03:06 AM
i just put a kenny harmon cam in my 200x to see how i like it. im not sure what kind of cam it had in it before it has some markings on it says noris n then theres a few #s dont have it here rigth now anyone know wht this cam is? i know it had a really high rev to it. also what motor mods do you guys suggest im thinking about putting a 12:1 wiesco in it. It has a stock compresion piston right now how much should a 12:1 help? do u think i need valve springs? thanks for the help

adamd
02-28-2009, 10:50 AM
i just put a kenny harmon cam in my 200x to see how i like it. im not sure what kind of cam it had in it before it has some markings on it says noris n then theres a few #s dont have it here rigth now anyone know wht this cam is? i know it had a really high rev to it. also what motor mods do you guys suggest im thinking about putting a 12:1 wiesco in it. It has a stock compresion piston right now how much should a 12:1 help? do u think i need valve springs? thanks for the help

Anyone got iny ideas for me? thanks adam

Yamaha_Rules69
02-28-2009, 01:21 PM
You should probly have stiffer valve springs when running an aftermarket performance cam to help control the valve float. have you checked out powroll.com? They have lots of performance cams, springs and pistons and such for the 83-85 200x.
I also have a norris n racing cam. How did you like yours? The lobes seem to have a much longer lift to then compared to stock. You are the first person I have heard that mentioned this cam. It must be rare or somthing?

adamd
02-28-2009, 02:17 PM
well it was difrent i had never rode somthin that reved like that im prety sure the motor is stock besides the cam. im gona ask the guy who rebuilt it i know its got a flat top piston so stock compression so im proly gona go to a 12:1 wiesco with valve spring and titanium retainers from powroll. i just wasnt sure if they were really needed. but i have a kenny harmon cam in it now with the marking kh ds
was told it was more of a low end cam. i was told puting a high compression piston that i would get some decent power out of it. with ether cam. and ya the noris cam is good amount bigger on the lobes to change the cam i had to pull the cover off but i can get the kenny harmon in with the cover on.

adamd
02-28-2009, 02:20 PM
also is all u have done to urs is a dg pipe? hows does it act with the norris cam?
i have a pipe think its a cobra not positve also cant find my pipe anywere else ether. but with the norris cam i would letrly have to rev it to all it had in every gear to keep it from boging down im runing stock gearing with 22inch razers. does yours have to be reved up like that?