PDA

View Full Version : restore projects, maier plastics, and selling questions

n10sivern
02-26-2009, 03:23 AM
i currently have my hands full with trikes i plan to restore and sell. my projects to sell are 2 atc185s, a atc200s, and 2 atc200x auto-x's. all but one 185s needs new plastics. is it worth the effort to buy maier plastic to put on the trike to sell? in the end, will the value of the trike increase enough to cover the costs of the plastics?

chris200x
02-26-2009, 06:02 AM
IMO your wasting your time and money restoring to resell. Trikes almost never carry any resale value. at least the model's you've listed. I see your kinda new to the forums... you'll see alot of guys say.."I'm into it too far now to turn back!" :naughty: :TrikesOwn

atcquebec
02-26-2009, 08:19 AM
If you want to keep those trikes, than you put $$$$$ into it. If you want to make $$$$ with your trikes ..... part it out on Ebay.
I got quite a few trikes and to me a trike with its originals fenders is worth way more money. With the type of trikes you got, i am sure that you won't be able to sell them more then the price you would pay for the plastic.
:wondering
Ebay them or give it to me free.:lol: :lol: :lol:

ScottZJ
02-26-2009, 08:32 AM
yeah the 185 and 200 you can get all day long running and complete for 300-500$ at the most and the older 200x arent bringing bank either. Now I usually get them for free or cheap and bring them back to life, but I do it to attempt to keep more trikes in circulation and not for making money.