PDA

View Full Version : Tecate parts

tommytecate85
02-24-2009, 11:14 PM
i was wonderin if anyone knew what parts are able to be put on a 85 tecate or a website that show what kind of parts would fit from off of other bikes.. I need a carb, axle, etc. i wanna also ad performance type parts and cant find much anywhere feedback would would be great thank -Tom-

Hoosier_Daddy
02-24-2009, 11:18 PM
Not a lot out there for performance parts. axles won't interchange as far as i know. You could probably use a different carb but you'll have to jet it properly. Not much left available for performance stuff for the 85 Tecates. You can put a 83/84 KX 250 cylinder on it and get some extra power. Get a DG pipe and bigger carb. There are other here who have done quite a bit but you're pretty limited now days. Welcome to the boards. And even a Tecate that isn't modded screams so it's all good!

fabiodriven
02-24-2009, 11:21 PM
Get yourself a pile of tools and a KX 500 motor.

tommytecate85
02-24-2009, 11:38 PM
now if i were to use a kx 250 cylinder im sure i could use the carb and if i were to use a dg pipe would it be for a tecate or for a kx, since cylinders are different?

and the kx500 engine would be a good idea but i plan on getting a banshee and trx soon so those r gunna cut into my budget alottt

Hoosier_Daddy
02-24-2009, 11:41 PM
now if i were to use a kx 250 cylinder im sure i could use the carb and if i were to use a dg pipe would it be for a tecate or for a kx, since cylinders are different?

and the kx500 engine would be a good idea but i plan on getting a banshee and trx soon so those r gunna cut into my budget alottt
83/84 KX 500 cylinder will bolt up and is an exact match. You'll be able to use all your stock stuff or a performance pipe whichever you choose. The KX250 cylinder was made with better ports and flows better so it is instant bolt on horsepower.

Hoosier_Daddy
02-24-2009, 11:42 PM
p.s. fabio has one bad arse KX 500 Tecate and so do some other around here and banshees probably don't touch them in a good trail race.:twisted:

tommytecate85
02-24-2009, 11:49 PM
yah i just seen those bikes on his myspace haha.. when i seen alll the bike i was thinkin, man this kid must have to apoligize alot LOL... smokin kid left and right!!
hey but thanks for the help im deffinatly gonna look into gettin a new cylinder when mine goes but right now im chillin tryin to get my electric problem fixed blahhh and one of the floats on my carb like disinegrated haha soo new carb..thanks tho

Tecate 50
02-25-2009, 01:27 AM
If possible....try to locate a 83-86 KX250 ignition and fltwheel with that cylinder!

Tecate250
02-25-2009, 04:35 PM
How much more will you get from the mag setup vs the tecate one?

scooterroo
02-25-2009, 08:08 PM
its not the amount your getting from kx setup, its the dependability of them. also the flywheel is a bit smaller. kxt flywheels, prone to implode cuz of the glued on mags in the flywheel, kx flywheel the magnets are screwed in, cant fall off, cant destroy your setup!!