PDA

View Full Version : Yahama 200cc ????? What model

zppeacock
02-23-2009, 11:16 PM
I'm going to look at this tomorrow night and hopefully pic it up. I still haven't figured out what model it is.

Heres what I know:

200cc
Seller says its mint
Electric Start, Pull start
No Reverse

Here is the picture that I have of it.

Yamaha_Rules69
02-23-2009, 11:32 PM
Welcome to the site. I believe that is a Yamaha Tri Moto 200 EK (yamahauler) It should be shaft drive if it is. Will this be your first 3 wheeler?

zppeacock
02-23-2009, 11:35 PM
Will this be your first 3 wheeler?

First real three wheeler, I got one that has a 8hp briggs and stratton with a gokart clutch on it.

zppeacock
02-23-2009, 11:42 PM
Is there any general maintenance that I should do to this when I pick it up

Yamaha_Rules69
02-23-2009, 11:44 PM
That yamaha isnt too bad of a machine. I have a 200 chain drive one, and it was very reliable until an old friend threw the chain through the case. They are great for riding wheelies in 3rd or 4th gear down the road, because the motor is mounted further back, and the front is so light. I could do a wheelie for about 1/2 mile but that was a long time ago. They are no means meant for jumping, due to no rear shock and utility front forks, but overall a good machine. good luck, and it does look pretty mint in the pic.

Yamaha_Rules69
02-23-2009, 11:53 PM
Maintenance could be to just check the oil and change if needed. Check the tire pressure, just the basic things, maybe the differential fluid. They are fairly easy to work on. Check it out, see how the motor sounds and runs, and how it drives, and start from there.

zppeacock
02-23-2009, 11:57 PM
Maintenance could be to just check the oil and change if needed. Check the tire pressure, just the basic things, maybe the differential fluid. They are fairly easy to work on. Check it out, see how the motor sounds and runs, and how it drives, and start from there.

Ok, thanks. Do these have an oil filter? The guy says it runs great.

Chaps80
02-24-2009, 12:31 AM
Yes they do have oil filters.

Yamada
02-24-2009, 09:19 AM
Yours is probably a 1983, not the same sticker on the gas tank as my 1984. Except the stickers mine is the same. I really like this machine.

zppeacock
02-24-2009, 10:29 PM
I picket it up today for $700, It runs awsome and looks almost mint. Drove it around for a few min in the snow and :TrikesOwn

Some Issues though,

Weak Brakes
Pull starter wont real up anymore
Charged battery and all I get is a click.

Im heading to the Yahama dealer tommrow morning, to get a plug, oil filter, and see if they can do anything with the pull start.

Edit:

For some reason Im only able to log onto this sit using internet exploder, it wont let me log in under firefox.