PDA

View Full Version : hello my name is mike and I have a problem. I'm a triker....

oscarmayer
02-23-2009, 06:35 PM
I have a problem. I can't stop!!!
I have the following trikes

82- 200E big red (hopped up and runs awesome!)
84- 200x (motor needs work and needs restoration but runs)
85-250sx (non-running needs full restore)
85-250es (non-running needs full restore)
84- 110 (non-running needs full restore)
84- 200s (non-running needs full restore)
84- 200s (parts bike)
83-185s (in parts being restored for wife)

see my problem? anyone, anyone?!!!

ARGH!!!!!! I feel like an ATC junker. What should I do?!!!

anyone else have this problem? i'm getting tired of parts bikes and non-runners. I want something that run sand rides jsut fine w/o needing much work. I can deal with plastics and seats, but i'm tired of fixing my own rides up for now. I just wanna ride!!!! i'm working a lot and just too busy is the problem. :(

HALPS!!!! ideas? (going to restore the 200x and either the 250sx or es)

ceaserthethird
02-23-2009, 06:40 PM
Sell a Few and buy a 250R or Tri-z

Saul
02-23-2009, 06:47 PM
I thought you had an airfooled R?

oscarmayer
02-23-2009, 06:48 PM
^ it's at a friends this is just at my home. that's a whole differnet animal than these things.

Cottonwood
02-23-2009, 07:07 PM
Forget those, take a vacation to AZ and come help me with mine! :naughty: :D

oscarmayer
02-23-2009, 07:31 PM
haha cotton actually...... i'm looking at buying a nice 200m from a guy in AZ area. if I do i'll have to let ya know and we can meet up! What are you needing help with? Maybe I can make it a long weekend.

Cottonwood
02-23-2009, 09:43 PM
I'm needing help with any thing and everything! haha! My 200M smokes real bad but runs ok. And my 185s keeps coming up with new little problems all the time. I'm just so new at this it takes me a while to diagnose a problem then look at the manual and see if i can fix it and hope that is the problem I'm trying to fix. So some experience could go a long way to point me in the right direction and show me why things are going wrong and what to look for. I just want to get one running great for now, and then mess with the other. I'll make it worth your time, I'll give you another project,;) a 200x, for your help (it needs a lot I think)... 2 trikes and weekend of tinkering in the most beautiful State in the Union! Whats to loose? Think about it....:lol:

Shawn72
02-23-2009, 09:45 PM

84- 200s (parts bike)

anyone else have this problem? i'm getting tired of parts bikes and non-runners. I want something that run sand rides jsut fine w/o needing much work. I can deal with plastics and seats, but i'm tired of fixing my own rides up for now. I just wanna ride!!!! i'm working a lot and just too busy is the problem. :(

I have the same disease!!!!

Macs
02-23-2009, 10:00 PM
It is an awful disease with no known cure. Trust me. The wife is still searching.

She said 2 trikes ago if i came home with another piece of junk it was over............ Damn, she is still here!!!!

Autophysn
02-23-2009, 10:07 PM
It is an awful disease with no known cure. Trust me. The wife is still searching.

She said 2 trikes ago if i came home with another piece of junk it was over............ Damn, she is still here!!!!

BAH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA

pistonhead72
02-23-2009, 10:28 PM

84- 200s (parts bike)

WOW!! Your wife must be a Saint! My old lady would bury my a#! in the backyard long before I could acquire that many trikes!

I feel your pain man! I am a HUGE packrat! I got sh!t everywhere! Cars, engines, transmissions, rear axles, lawnmowers, snowblowers, a quad, a trike, a minibike, etc., etc. It's getting bad. I just can't help it though, I hate to see stuff get thrown out. And now, to make matters worse, I'm getting the itch to buy another trike, since I just bought my first about a month ago. My wife has a special ringtone just for me when I call her cell : the Sanford and Son theme song! :lol: I ain't kiddin'!

Autophysn
02-23-2009, 10:52 PM
WOW!! Your wife must be a Saint! My old lady would bury my a#! in the backyard long before I could acquire that many trikes!

I feel your pain man! I am a HUGE packrat! I got sh!t everywhere! Cars, engines, transmissions, rear axles, lawnmowers, snowblowers, a quad, a trike, a minibike, etc., etc. It's getting bad. I just can't help it though, I hate to see stuff get thrown out. And now, to make matters worse, I'm getting the itch to buy another trike, since I just bought my first about a month ago. My wife has a special ringtone just for me when I call her cell : the Sanford and Son theme song! :lol: I ain't kiddin'!

Ha Ha, it is a common illness. Seems to be passed down threw generations too.

y2kane
02-23-2009, 10:57 PM
It's all good. I believe everyone on here has the same illness. I have 3 project trikes not listed in my signature.

KASEY
02-23-2009, 11:06 PM
i fail to see where this would be an illness!!!! or a sickness.... i myself am a collector,,,, i collect ATC'S so where do you get a sickness? i collect baseball cards i have a million,,, i am still not sick,,, matter of fact i feel great.... i think it would be closer to an obbsession but not even that,,, its like any other hobby..... you do it for the thrill of the hunt,,, for the next big score ,, the next rare part,,,, so quit feeling sick and get out there and buy more!!!! I AM!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

pistonhead72
02-23-2009, 11:27 PM
i fail to see where this would be an illness!!!! or a sickness.... i myself am a collector,,,, i collect ATC'S so where do you get a sickness? i collect baseball cards i have a million,,, i am still not sick,,, matter of fact i feel great.... i think it would be closer to an obbsession but not even that,,, its like any other hobby..... you do it for the thrill of the hunt,,, for the next big score ,, the next rare part,,,, so quit feeling sick and get out there and buy more!!!! I AM!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Can I get an "AMEN" my brothers!?:lol:

2quicktecate
02-24-2009, 12:49 AM

same here. she left me for a few days when i got my 250r a couple weeks ago...lol

B4A5R0T
02-24-2009, 01:20 AM
a lot of ppl have the same condition don't worry your not alone

here is what i got:
-ytm200
-trx450er
-yamaha blaster (250)
-yamaha raptor 660
-suzuki ds 80
-honda shadow 700 ace
-honda shadow 500

Frankencelery
02-24-2009, 11:30 AM
Wow...I didn't realize how lucky I was. My wife has had little problem with my trike buying. With the economy sucking and her losing her job, I don't know if I'd try it right now, but that's just common sense!

My buying has been self-limited because I can only fit about 6 in the garage, and the 7th has been banished to the barn. That's risky because the mice just LOVE to nest in any equipment that's left for too long! I fantasize about putting a concrete floor in the barn and then I could store 20 or more!

Vealmonkey
02-25-2009, 05:47 PM
Kasey, So since you have made that big score on the Nicholson 185s, does that mean that you are ready to pass it along and look for you next big score??? Cottonwood, what a great offer. And Oscarmayer, when your trikes start running over $2000 to buy them, then you are knocking on the door of a problem!!!! LOL

oscarmayer
02-25-2009, 11:40 PM
hahaah that's funny barry!
-----------

yea my wife's a good lady. she loves me. :)

---------------

well, my 200e has about $950 into it including my buying it. i'd have to sell it for $1k just to break even!

ATC-Eric
02-25-2009, 11:55 PM
I think you should save your money, and buy a nice running 350x that you dont have to wrench on. Then while your wrenching on the hard tails, you'll still have something to roll with while the projects get on your nerves.

y2kane
02-26-2009, 08:24 PM
Hi Mike, So how long has it been since your last trike? I have been clean for about 5 or so months now...I am afraid I am about to fall off the wagon soon tho....LOL

TriMotoMan
02-27-2009, 01:16 AM
I was clean for about a month now im bringin to 200x's home one runner and one parts bike, it's probly the best addiction u could ever have. the only thing is when i sit in class and daydream about riding or workin on the wheelers i dont get much work done lol

oscarmayer
03-01-2009, 10:18 AM
:( i got a ton of parts 2 weeks ago. :( i can't help it! ACK!
I'm always scowering the ads for more stuffs/trikes! I'm thinking of jsut doing a basic rebuilds on the 2-200s stuff i got and toss themn on ebay for $500 as rebuild. think they would sell?