PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of installing the trail tech vapour, but how???

adrianc
02-23-2009, 06:00 AM
I am debating about installing the Trail Tech Vapour (http://trailtech.net/atv_vapor_kits.html) on my 225drs, but I am not sure if it will work. I have downloaded the manual and the only problem is the speed sensor as the 225 does not have a visible brake disc to attach the magnetic sensor to.

Any ideas around this problem?

Has anyone else got this on their atc and if so could you post a picture to see what is looks like on.

Is it worth doing or is there an alternative that is more suitable for the 225?

Bryan Raffa
02-23-2009, 09:04 AM
what about attaching it to the rim,

better yet,, a GPS would do the same,, and be 1000x better. JMO.

adrianc
02-23-2009, 09:57 AM
what about attaching it to the rim,

better yet,, a GPS would do the same,, and be 1000x better. JMO.

Was thinking about attached the magnetic sensor to the side of the rim alright and the sensor on the side of the front fork.

The GPS would be more accurate, but this item can also display the RPM, engine temperature, can be set up for shift light and over revving warning, high temperature warning, etc

What could be used to stick the magnetic to the side of the rim to ensure it would not fall off.

Bryan Raffa
02-23-2009, 10:02 AM
EPOXY.. for shure

Yamada
02-23-2009, 10:18 AM
What about lenghtening the wires and put the sensor on the rear disc brake?

adrianc
02-23-2009, 10:37 AM
What about lenghtening the wires and put the sensor on the rear disc brake?

The kit comes with a bolt with a magnetic embedded in it and also a magnetic on it's own to stick to a part of the wheel.

Is there a bolt in the rear brake disc that this could be attached to?

Name Brand
02-23-2009, 12:50 PM
I used a $7 bicycle speedometer from Walmart. I just wanted to be able to glance down and see my speed and distance traveled.

You probably don't have to use the magnet they supplied. I ended up using a 1/2in round one from my parts stash. I used some flat plastic to separate the magnetism and epoxyed it to the back of one of my lug studs. I also lengthened the wire on mine; it should only be two wires for that sensor.

Sorry, no pics with me...

Yamada
02-23-2009, 01:28 PM
The kit comes with a bolt with a magnetic embedded in it and also a magnetic on it's own to stick to a part of the wheel.

Is there a bolt in the rear brake disc that this could be attached to?

No bolt on the rear disc brake.:(
Maybe you could drill a hole in it. But like the others said, it look easier to just glue a magnet on the rim.

Log Dog
02-23-2009, 02:26 PM
im planing to get a cheep push bike speedo for my trike so i can see my speed as i planing to get it road leagle this year

adrianc
02-23-2009, 06:43 PM
I ordered it today, will post up pictures whenever I get it installed, think i will just stick the magnetic to the side of the rim and advised.

Thanks for all the feedback.