PDA

View Full Version : What mods can I do to a 110?

VenomRS4
02-22-2009, 07:41 PM
What kind of mods are available for 110s? I have an exhaust but i was hoping for a big bore kit with cams etc etc. Whats out there?

mgenest
02-23-2009, 07:42 AM
check www.dratv.com they have cams for $24 and new carbs for @$50. I have done both of these on my 110 and they made a huge difference.

factoryX
02-23-2009, 08:01 AM
gpx motor....

rdlsz24
02-23-2009, 10:54 AM
I would also go 150cc+ Lifan or GPX before sticking any money into the stocker.

Rob

mgenest
02-23-2009, 11:00 AM
Do the cam and the carb. Cheap and easy mod's. The cam will take you about 10 minutes to install with no special tools. You won't even believe the difference this makes. It is huge.

Vealmonkey
02-25-2009, 10:44 PM
Mods for the 110, You can start with an aftermarket frame. You will find a used hardtail aftermarket frame before you find a suspension aftermarket frame. Wheels, tires, fenders and seat. There are fiberglass fenders being sold on ebay now if you want to paint or change the colors of your 110. Engine mods. Exhaust of course and you can still find NOS aftermarket exhausts, I have a NOS Bassani exhaust that hasn't been made for years so the parts are still out there. I just sold a 125 big bore higher compression piston kit that had the piston, rings, wristpin and headgasket. You can have head work done, larger intake valve, polished intake and exhaust and mild porting too. You can change your rear sprocket, but the big killer for power is that stupid hi/lo gearbox. If you were modding an atc90, I could tell you what engine cases to use to get rid of that hi/lo gearbox and have a manual clutch too, a major improvement in performance and a manual clutch can be made to take way more power than those wimpy semi auto clutch set ups. You could run a bigger carb if you had an aftermarket intake. They are getting tough to find though and will take alot of looking. You could get a stroker crank and pushrod. Not cheap and I don't know of anyone doing stroker conversions on a 110 nowadays. You could bore out your cylinder, have a custom sleeve made and really run a large bore piston. Also not cheap and there are only a couple pistons that would work. You could cam it up, but what's the use unless you change all the other things too. You could change the airfilter and ditch the restrictive air box. You have to watch about running through water unless you use one of those "outerwears" covers for your filter, but don't forget, they are not 100% waterproof. Performance costs money. And if you trick an engine out, it's still a hardtail unless you have an aftermarket suspension frame. And all the money it would cost you, unless you are absolutely insane like a couple of us, the money would be better spent on a 200x that has suspension and a bigger engine stock and disc brakes and such. Enjoy the 110 for what it is. If you want more engine and a hardtail, go with a 185s or 200s. Heck, I could even sell you a suspension frame for one of those engines. Or go the 185s/200s engine in a 200x frame if you can find a cheap roller and have an auto x. It's way cheaper and easier. Real performance for the old hardtails is best left to the three wheeled insane like me. And don't forget to hop up one of the old 90/110 hardtails---Pry your wallet open. And that is even if you would take the time to find most of these parts in the first place, they just don't grow on trees anymore. If you want to do it for cheap, it won't happen. Not if you want real performance anyway. Just sell it and buy a bigger trike.

oscarmayer
02-25-2009, 11:47 PM
just run it. if it needs a top ned, then do a 1mm overbore, drop in a performace cam, performance exhaust and reget the carb after you install a uni/k&n filter. BOOM your done! leave it. ride it have fun. any mroe than that and it's a $ pit not wortht he $ as you can get a 200s for cheap!

greenhuman
02-26-2009, 05:19 AM
Graft a Honda XL175 head a barrel on to the 110 cases. Resleeve the barrel to 78mm, modify a Honda XL125 crank to fit and stroke it to 67mm. 320cc. Don't forget to use a stainless steel cable instead of the nylon rope in the pull starter.

hawaiirider
02-28-2009, 12:32 AM
a 110 is a put put bike, i used to have one. the best mod you can make is just weld the frame where the seat/tank meet to keep it from crackin and breaking in half which it WILL do if you ride it hard! keep a set of lightweight tires on it as well to keep the stress on the motor low. i did just these mods to mine to continue racing motocross when my quad got stolen and it actually worked well.