PDA

View Full Version : new to trikes

B4A5R0T
02-22-2009, 07:36 PM
hi everyone, this is my first post here, you might have seen me on trx450r.org cuz thats where i post the most, i recently bought a trike at an auction really cheap, i think its a Yamaha Tri-Moto 200, not sure, is there anyway to identyfy it for sure???, either way i was trying to wheele it and once i got it up and was riding it something snapped and the whole bike dided, i started it and the engine runs fine, but when i give it gas it feels like something is holding it, you know that feeling when the bike is trying to push forward but something is holding it so that the wheels can't spin. im looking for a service manual for it and prolly gonna do a compleate rebuild, anyways does anyone have any ideas how to identyfy what it is and what could have happened???

btw it has an automatic clutch, pull\electric start, i think it might have a reverse cuz there was a sticker on it that said so but i cant finde a switch to engage it anywhere, only front has shocks on it, and its driven by shaft

daniel_250r
02-22-2009, 07:43 PM
yup thats a ytm 200. three things come to my mind brakes are catching, diferriential is worn out or carb needs to be cleaned but that unlikely to be so sudden

B4A5R0T
02-22-2009, 07:59 PM
do you have any idea if it has a reverse??? i no brakes arent catching for sure and the carb was cleaned recently so its not that either, could you give me more info about the differential issue

daniel_250r
02-22-2009, 09:37 PM
i have no idea i don't think it does but not entirely sure. as for the differental i have never owned one with a shaft drive but.....have a look at the oil, my guess is the gear for the shaft stripped or something

codemanlyons
02-22-2009, 11:21 PM
the pinion sheared on my bike and felt like that...it would still go but made some horrible noises.....Welcome by the way!!

B4A5R0T
02-23-2009, 12:01 AM
well when i got it the oil plug wouldn't come out so i had to drill it out:( and i want too far so the oil from the engine would go in the rear drive and would be spit out from the vent hole after riding at a higher speed, do you guys think this could affect it as well????
thanks for all the help, i just downloaded a service manual so i wont be asking as many question lol

Cottonwood
02-23-2009, 12:01 AM
I cant help you...But :welcome: Something should come up to help you, or at least send you in the right direction.