PDA

View Full Version : 200x break in period

slippy4
07-08-2003, 08:53 PM
How long is the break in period on a 200x? what should i do, what shouldnt i do? Thanks

honda200
07-08-2003, 09:45 PM
start it up, rev it high, then let off, but dont rev it till the clutch stays in gear, its kinda a pain to get outta gear.

Just keep revin it and drive around

Curtis

AirManCam
07-13-2003, 10:58 PM
good job curtis lol

bakeban
07-13-2003, 11:09 PM
clymer says that after the first 10 hours of riding you should change the oil and take off the clutch cover side of the crankcase and remove the oil pump rotor from the crankshaft. clean the matal and dirt from that rotor and put it back together. fill it with oil and you should be good to go. i still have to clean my rotor since my rebuild. you should be able to do it with the motor still on the bike.

J.D.
07-14-2003, 12:20 AM
start it up, rev it high, then let off, but dont rev it till the clutch stays in gear, its kinda a pain to get outta gear.

Curtis

Wrong. Baby it for the first few hours, never past 1/4 throttle. Gradually take it for longer and faster rides, until 20 hours she's broke in. Change oil after the first 5 hours. Some people do 3 cold starts before they ever even put it into gear.

MountainRider
07-14-2003, 01:33 PM
Bingo on the cold starts Goku. Start it, let it idle until it heats up good, and shut it down and let it get bone cold before starting it again at least 3 times before ever riding it.

honda200
07-14-2003, 09:25 PM

Curtis

Wrong. Baby it for the first few hours, never past 1/4 throttle. Gradually take it for longer and faster rides, until 20 hours she's broke in. Change oil after the first 5 hours. Some people do 3 cold starts before they ever even put it into gear.

wait, you aint supposed to do that?!?!?!?!?! hope i didnt wreck my sled, lol jk jk