PDA

View Full Version : 200x oil mod

leevarnado
02-18-2009, 08:07 PM
will go into all the details later,step by step.i used 1/8 inch tubing and 1/8 inch fittings.only took about 1 hour.74527

oscarmayer
02-18-2009, 08:10 PM
what for? what will accomplish?

Yamada
02-18-2009, 08:24 PM
Looks like a good way to divert the oil from the crank, and then causing a crank seizure...

vegas250rr
02-18-2009, 08:40 PM
Looks like a good way to divert the oil from the crank, and then causing a crank seizure...

actually is a very benifical mod for the 200x... which starves for oil on the top end in stock fashion

oscarmayer
02-18-2009, 08:46 PM
yea I was wondering why it was needed. i was concerned after seeing this that yea it coudl cause issues on the bottom end. Me personally I feel Honda alreayd designed the engine with the correct amount of oil needed. if your concerned about oiling, replace the pump and be done. but this looks like a good way to either rob from the bottom end as mentioned or have something crack/break it and then starve all the motor for oil.

-----------------

only time i have heard of 200x starving for oil is when the motor needs a rebuild or the oil pmup is worn and needs repalcing or the little plug in the head was not installed. Past that, I am not aware of any actual issues with it. the 1 guy on here talking about it, never did replace his oil pump even after recommended by several vet. trikists. End result was lack of pressure to get the oil to the head and cam and lockup.

leevarnado
02-18-2009, 09:12 PM
the mod is taking very little oil from the bottem end,using tubing over 1/8 inch o.d. would def starve the bottem end and cause alot of problems.

Vealmonkey
02-18-2009, 09:54 PM
If you have not blocked the oil passage, it will divert very little if no oil. And if I remember my oil flow chart, the oil drips onto the crank from what gravity drops from the head besides what oil the crank spins in. I don't relly think that you will be getting alot of extra oil flow like that. I could be wrong though. It would seem that if you are not getting enough oil to the top of the engine that you have an oil passage blocked or restricted somewhere. If that copper line takes a ding, then you oil passage is blocked off anyway or you have a nice oil leak outside of your engine. Soft copper, although easy to work with, can be nightmare and very vulnerable to puncture. You would have probably been better off with steel or stainless line or even high temp rubber hose or braided flex line.

leevarnado
02-18-2009, 10:09 PM
i will probably end up using stainless tubing but the copper was all i could find.if any one knows where i can find stainless 1/8 tubing please send me the info or link.also i will make a vid to show how much oil flow is going threw the tube.

The Goat
02-18-2009, 10:20 PM
Me personally I feel Honda alreayd designed the engine with the correct amount of oil needed.

Of the three 200x heads I've opened 2 have had damaged cam journals...one was a very low hour affair. The other was someone I know who is fairly meticulous about maintence.

That alone gives me reason to think.

I'd definitely look into braided lines or coated steel.

WIkid500
02-19-2009, 01:13 AM
I hate to give these guy's free advertisement If I had a tig welder I would do it for ya but call them and have them make what ever braided stainless line you want. Cenflex 8510 Enterprise Way
Weston, WI 54476
Phone: 715-355-4344
Fax: 715-355-4484

Used to work there part time...

leevarnado
02-19-2009, 11:54 AM
hey wlkid500.im curious.what would u have to tig weld

WIkid500
02-19-2009, 12:49 PM
That place I worked for used to make a super sweet flexible braided stainless hose; stainless corrugated flex hose with a stainless wire braid wrapper for strength that was welded together on the ends, then whatever fitting you wanted put on was welded to the hose body. That could be JIC, or like an air line fitting. These things held well over 1000 psi, I tested them.

Best hose would be a small hydraulic line with ends crimped on. That's rated for pressure and temperature.