PDA

View Full Version : how do you get the carrier out of the sswingarm? 84 r

250rfreak
02-11-2009, 08:39 PM
im lost......

Dirtcrasher
02-11-2009, 09:14 PM
Please tell me you aren't the same person that 2 weeks ago wanted to be told how to "adjust the chain...." on the same machine???? I think you might be.......

I REALLY hope not..... Uhmmm, do a search, d-load the manual and then smash the pisss out of it with a 5lb hammer.

You'll get it, I'm SURE you will :D :rolleyes:

250rfreak
02-11-2009, 10:03 PM
well sorry. im 15 trying to do this on my own, no help, everytime ask for help on here people critisize me on it. thanks for the help man.

Daddio
02-11-2009, 10:12 PM
:welcome: :banned: There is a big snapring on the brake side that has to be removed. Then if everything else is loosened up it should slide out. If not you're doing something wrong again.:Bounce :w00t:

Dirtcrasher
02-11-2009, 10:19 PM
At least you said sorry!!

Thing is, you have a machine that your lucky to have. And keeping it running is so much better than watching it get destroyed and parted on EBAY....

BUT.... If you can't adjust a chain or do other simple maintenance or a repair like carrier bearings - you NEED more than a post from here or there or it will just cost ya more $$ in the long run.

If you use "search" or I have a link -

ftp://dirtyserver.mine.nu/Manuals/

Any fricken manual you want!!

Just get the basics down will ya?? save the trike.... Then we can talk about other crap!!

250rfreak
02-11-2009, 10:24 PM
well im doing something wrong then because its not budging

250rfreak
02-11-2009, 10:25 PM
there is nothing in the manual on how to remove the carrier or im just flat out stupid,

250rfreak
02-11-2009, 10:34 PM
well this is the second one i built, i did the first one with no problems, rebuilt everything, this one was the same, im trying to get the carrier out for someone who has purchased it so i could really use some help

Dirtcrasher
02-11-2009, 10:36 PM
Sorry bud - but your flat out stupid :D

There are 2 manuals - which may or may not be within that link I gave you....

Owners manual - adjustments, specs - capacities, basic maint....
Service Manual - repair and replace, tools etc etc etc......

250rfreak
02-11-2009, 10:38 PM
k, im stupid, but the link you gave requires a username and password though BUD.

oscarmayer
02-11-2009, 10:39 PM
i think he's talking the front carrier bolt that holds the swingarm to the frame. THAT bolt is a pita!!!!!!!!!! good luck with it.

check my sig. i may have a manual for you in the link.

250rfreak
02-11-2009, 10:44 PM
no, the rear carrier, you know where the axle slides through? on both my bikes the front swinger bolts where nice and un-rusty/stuck

Dirtcrasher
02-11-2009, 10:45 PM
Sorry genius... (Well, you didn't like me calling you"BUD" ):D :lol:

I'm just kidding.... The link I click on works for me but it might be cookied, hopefully someone here has a manual link for you just to give you a step by step look......

OM or someone must have something.

250rfreak
02-11-2009, 11:12 PM
that manual is the one i already have, thanks though for trying,

riverrat
02-11-2009, 11:26 PM
Listen, this kid is 15. He probably doesn't have that much experience, but at least he is trying to do things on his own, and not sit at home and play video games.

He's hoping, that someone here experienced the same problem, and can guide him through. Are we all to busy with our lives to go through the motions of teaching the same thing to beginners, over and over? We should never get tired of it.

If I knew the answer, I would tell you. Maybe it's frozen in there, it should be fairly simple to figure out. Try to find a good mechanic in the area that might be willing to help you. My local guy is pretty good, and cause I purchased a few things from him, instead of saving a few bucks on the internet, he has helped me several times already.
Anthony

250rfreak
02-11-2009, 11:27 PM
hey, now thats what im talkin about :) i like that guy, thank you

Hoosier_Daddy
02-11-2009, 11:52 PM
OK, I'll go through the easy common mistakes for you.

Do you have the bike raised up on some type of stand?
Are you positive, all bolts are out that hold the carrier on?

If you have both of those covered, you should be able to knock it out of there with a mallet. Is that what you are trying to do? Take off the axle carrier? Are you parting it out?

250rfreak
02-11-2009, 11:56 PM
parting it out, its a extra swingarm so its jus chillin there..... ill have to go get a mallot tomorrow

Jared200x
02-12-2009, 07:28 PM
Yeah,...give the kid a break,...he's tryin' and doin' something that most kids his age aren't....he could be gettin' in real trouble or worse. I sent him some notes as for I just took mine out last week and I'm the one buyin' his!...Tyler ,...ask all questions before forcing that out!......Jared

aaron7
02-25-2009, 07:16 PM
Heh, I'll be tackling my 84 250r rear carrier soon too... just got my billet Boss ATV Racing one in!

So I take it's a very simple job then?

PaTriker
02-25-2009, 07:56 PM
Hey, Cut him a break. He,s 15. At least he's not a 20 or 30 some year old guy sitting on the computer typing in what trikes he saw in what movie or what ever. He's trying to learn something but needs some help.