PDA

View Full Version : Very Worried Pls Help!!!!! 250r

Airhog
02-11-2009, 01:13 PM
ok heres the deal last summer my dad had a friend over they were talking and got into the conversation of three wheelers now i knew we had 1 cause when i was like 5 i used to ride with my dad on it.............. anway we pulled it out and pull started it with my 600 grizzly from that day forward i had fallen i love with it i got new fernders, brand new tires and had the time of my life. later on i fixed the headlight and many other minor things it was alont of fun, but now i have a major problem and dont know wat it is when i start my 250r something crazy happens it will start and somtimes it will start to rev up its very worry some because it will go to full rev and wont come back down (i nomally just hit the killswitch) i have taken the throtle apart and come to the conclusion that is not the problem i figure that it is probably the carb but i want to be sure before i take it apart so i dont lose any part please help me i dont want to lose it

My vehicles

Airhog
02-11-2009, 01:18 PM
oh by the way its a 1984

daniel_250r
02-11-2009, 01:20 PM
spray wd40 around the carb boots and connections, sounds like an air leak to me?

brapp
02-11-2009, 01:30 PM
another thign is crank seals also. btu definitly sound sliek an air leak or extremly lean.

Saul
02-11-2009, 01:43 PM
check your floats - they may be getting stuck and not allowing enough fuel in your bowl at times - so when you start it up theres enough gas to get it started but then it runs out of fuel - and a 2 stroke running out of fuel will REV to the moon. be thankfull you can get it to shut off with the kill switch. I've had mine do this and the kill switch wouldn't shut her down and I had to grab the spark plug cap and yank it.

So yeah, check those floats and make sure they are set correctly and move freely.

Vealmonkey
02-11-2009, 04:46 PM
Be careful. That is very close to the infamous "death rev". My Tiger 500 did this and everyone was shocked when it happened. Thank goodness for blu27 and the deadmans switch. I think I was the most shocked of all when it happened.

mrtwidster1
02-11-2009, 05:04 PM
Ah yes! The ole dreaded deadly death rev!
Had it 3 times in my life, first time scared me real bad!
Second time scared me real bad!
Third time scared me real bad.
My son had it once.
Guess what?
Scared him real bad!

bandito90
02-11-2009, 05:06 PM
I had an atk 406 that would just all of a sudden rev like that and it was supposedly the base gasket according to the guy I sold it to.

Airhog
02-11-2009, 07:51 PM
thanks alot guys for your intel..... and thank u very much saul for the web link i plan to start my fixing ASAP

Saul
02-11-2009, 08:05 PM
thanks alot guys for your intel..... and thank u very much saul for the web link i plan to start my fixing ASAP

No problem. Keep us all updated! :beer

:TrikesOwn

ceaserthethird
02-11-2009, 09:25 PM
Re-build the Carb or Better Yet Buy A Brand New Keihin - Air Striker 38mm Carb-

Best Bang for the Buck !

http://www.sudco.com/keihin.html

ChrisD
02-11-2009, 11:02 PM
you have an air leak. I had the same problem with my 84 250R. It was my base gasket. The air cooled motors may warp some and blow out the base gasket. I would check your intake boot and gaskets with soapy water (while running the bike) and you will see where you are leaking from.