PDA

View Full Version : 83 big red mod!! Need ideas

83bigsexy
02-10-2009, 03:09 AM
So I just bought an 83 200 and am starting its build.. I want to eliminate the rear storage box and retro fit some other fenders to it. Also does anyone make a piece to cover the void:wondering created by removing the "trunk". I want to go with something smaller and flater.. not sure what I should look for.. Also Im goin with a simple look, I eliminated the start/light/engine cut, bar assembly as well as the barmount choke and relocated the ignition and created a waterproof housing for it, Which I located under the tank on the frames down tube.

oscarmayer
02-10-2009, 08:25 AM
200m is the only thing that will got the 200e/es big red.

here's a question, why did you even buy a big red then if your going to trash it? the point if a big red is a utility trike. if you wnat a sportster then get a 200s or 200x. heck i got a fariley well redone 84 200s that I'd sell ya for $750. then you can seel yout red and make msot fo that back. then you got a sport style trike instead of trashing a good utlilty trike that was ment for work.

Nick_R_23
02-10-2009, 12:30 PM
+1 to that. If you bought that Big Red to modify then you will be pretty disappointed. About the only mods you could do to it would be a larger exhaust, 200x cam, and change the gearing (which even then wont give you many choices). With the mods you are trying to do, it sounds like you would be happier with an ATC200, 200s, or 200x. Look into one of these, they sound more like what you want.

-Nick :TrikesOwn

Jonpin
02-10-2009, 03:06 PM
yea sounds like alot of work for nothin