PDA

View Full Version : Get back in here and post your solution!

Frankencelery
02-10-2009, 12:02 AM
Something just happened that made me realize I haven't always been fair to the members here in the forums, and I thought I'd serve myself up as an example of what NOT to do....

My ATC90 has an issue with running too lean, so I started searching the forums for a solution. I ran into the ever popular carb jetting thread, and found posts for a similar problem....from all people....myself! Surprise surprise! My 200s was bogging when you stabbed the throttle. So I searched to the end of the thread for a solution, and wouldn't you know it, I never posted one! I know I fixed it, but i don't remember what I did! Aaarrrgh!

I'm pretty sure I moved the needle up as far as it would go, but the point is that lots of people were helping me out with the problem, and when I finally fixed it, I never came back and told everyone what the solution was. The irony is that my solution could have fixed other people's problems, AND my own!

I'm not the only one, or I wouldn't be so quick to point out my own mistakes. But if you come in here and ask the members to help you with a problem, do yourself and everyone else a favor and come in from riding long enough to share some wisdom!

'Nuff said!

Autophysn
02-10-2009, 01:14 AM
You bring up an excellent point, the search tool here is an enormous help for many situations, and I can easily see myself in your situation.

I agree, we all need to follow thru with the topic, and include a thanks to all who offered their knowledge and assistance ;)

oscarmayer
02-10-2009, 08:27 AM
i totally suck. :cry:

Erics350x
02-10-2009, 09:31 AM
If anyone wants to finish there threads, just go to your user cp at the top of the page and click on threads you started. Then you can go back and post some a solutions.

Frankencelery
02-10-2009, 01:03 PM
Yeah, I use the user Cp all the time just to find threads I participated in but have dropped to page 4 where I will never see them.