PDA

View Full Version : Rev Problems with the Loncin

Macs
02-07-2009, 04:32 PM
I got the 110 / atc70 conversion finished today but i have run into problems. The engine idles great but when you give it gas it bogs. When i test drove it, i couldnt get it past about 2-3 mph. It does the same thing even while in nuetral. My first thought was the carb. I pulled it apart and it was perfect. I thought maybe throttle cable was too long, it was fine. I even adjusted it all the way. Has anyone had any problems out of there's. Everything is wired correctly. The only thing i did diffrent was use the atc70 coil, Could that be the problem? It isnt starving for fuel...... Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Vealmonkey
02-07-2009, 04:37 PM
It could be the carb jetting. Check your plug and see what it is doing. When you go to give it gas, try putting on the check and see if it still bogs or stalls out. I would think if it stalls, than not enough fuel and if it bogs too much fuel. Clean out your mailbox too. LOL

Macs
02-07-2009, 05:12 PM
Instantly dies when choke is applied, Spark plug wet. Looks like jetting. That is my week point. Also do you know the trick of getting the baffle out of a hooker exhaust. I took the screws out but it will not budge. I just wanted to make sure i did not miss anything before i started forcing it. I need to repack it again before i run it. Neihbors are getting ticked.

I will clean out my box shortly.

d.

Macs
02-07-2009, 06:48 PM
I found the problem. I did something pretty stupid. When i went through the carb before installation, i left a jet out. I am surprised it ran. I found it on the garage floor, reinstalled it and it runs great. Of course i need to do some plug chops.

Vealmonkey
02-07-2009, 08:12 PM
Worse things have happened. Glad it was an easy fix. Jetting Tip #1, make sure you have jets! LOL