PDA

View Full Version : Need help now! Fastest/easiest way to take a 125m apart?????

VenomRS4
02-04-2009, 05:24 PM
I need help asap!

Heres the scoop. I can get a 125m for next to nothing. I just need to get it out of there TODAY. The problem: I have no truck. What I do have though is a big 4 door car with a large trunk. I can use the trunk and back seat to put stuff....even move the pass front seat forwrd to make extra room in back. So what I am going to do is take it appart as much as I need to so I can fit it in my car.

So my questions are 1: Whats the fastest easiest way to take apart a 125m to make it fit in a sedan. 2: What tools do I need (socket sizes, etc plz)? My tool set was stolen so i need to plan what I need ahead of time.

NINJA
02-04-2009, 05:27 PM
Just strap it to the roof of your car, if you don't care about your car, that is.

Russell 350X
02-04-2009, 05:36 PM
Strap it on the trunk or roof, would be the quickest bet. You could take off the bars (12mm?) the tires (12mm?) and the fenders. the rear fenders come right off without tools, just clicks down. You could pull the axel and lay it on its side oin the truck, but I'm not sure what size the axle nuts are, I just use a pipewrench, you'll need a 10mm to pull the brake drum. Just take a pipewrench, 8mm, 10mm, 12mm,14mm and 17mm sockets shallow and deep with you.

VenomRS4
02-04-2009, 05:45 PM
Cant go on the roof. Can I get the forks off without too much hastle? Also, how do I get the axle out?

Thanks for the help

Dirty
02-04-2009, 06:05 PM
You could pull the axel and lay it on its side oin the truck, but I'm not sure what size the axle nuts are, I just use a pipewrench, you'll need a 10mm to pull the brake drum. Just take a pipewrench, 8mm, 10mm, 12mm,14mm and 17mm sockets shallow and deep with you.

U caveman!!!!! Using a pipewrench is what i think have been done on some of my machines by previous owners and some of the nuts dont look that good. And on one i think they held the pipewrench on the part of the brake drum were the seal runs.

The 200E has size 41mm nuts holding the rear axel, so should be smaller if anything i guess, a big monkey wrench might do the trick.

Cant go on the roof. Can I get the forks off without too much hastle? Also, how do I get the axle out?

Thanks for the help

Dont know about that model but to get the handlebar of u have several wires that u might need to cut some slack on to loosen.

The fork itself shouldn't be to hard but be aware that some models have open bearings in the steering so u might end up with small steel balls all around the place, a strong magnet to catch these is good.

Dont wal-mart or what that cheap store u have over there have any cheap socket set?

/Johan

Yamada
02-04-2009, 06:09 PM
http://www.3wheelerworldforums.com/showthread.php?t=85393&highlight=110
I think a 125 and 110 are the same size... If thefix was able to put a 110 on the back seat of his civic just my removing the handlebar and the wheels, I'm sure you can ft a 125 in a bigger car.

oscarmayer
02-04-2009, 09:40 PM
forks is the easiest then plastic rears and seat and tank.
leae 1 tire hanging out the triknk and strap it in. take the forks shove in back seat with stire still on. (take top of tree off and steering stem, but you will loose some ebarings so you will have to order more later no biggie.)