PDA

View Full Version : 185s high idle problems.

kyle
07-06-2003, 11:26 PM
my friend just bought a (i think 1982) Honda 185s and it idles very high. should i try and adjust the carb? or is there somthing else i should look for first? thanks

bakeban
07-06-2003, 11:40 PM
if the thing as sat for a while it would probably behuve you to clean out the carb. but if not i would try the idle screw

skippy
07-06-2003, 11:42 PM
or see if the boot between the carb and the cylinder is cracked at all?

bakeban
07-06-2003, 11:44 PM
or check to see if the air filter is clean :) i always forget that

RideRed03
07-07-2003, 02:40 AM
all those and check if anything is tugging on the throttle cable...anywhere on the trike, also there should be two adjustments for the throttle....one on the side (lil flathead screw) and one on top of the carb (a screw type deal that the throttle cable runs through).....check those then see what u got......

honda200
07-14-2003, 10:00 PM
on top of the carb, whee the throttle goes in, yank on the rubber cover, and make sure the scre is ALL the way to the bottom, if not, it pulls the needle and its like runnin it with a person already got it on half or whatever.

Found that out the hard way!!! 3 hours workin on the carb and all, could not figure it out and then just got mad at it, and yanked on the throttle rubber, and i just said, i bet there is the solution to all my problems, i then had to TURN the screw so it would idle afterwards.

lol, its alot of fun when its like that though, pop it into first gear and pull a wheelie without touchin the throttle, lol

Curtis