PDA

View Full Version : History of your trike

mullet_boy
02-02-2009, 11:31 PM
So how many of you know about your trikes past? I Know of every person thats owned my trike before me. I'm the 5th owner. My 200x started life as a birthday present to the first owners self. He wrecked it that day and bent the axle. He also bought a bassani exhaust for it that was taken off by the second owner, and put back on by the third. First owner also fabbed the headlight guard thats on it himself. Owner before me put on a bigger carb k&n and jetted it for alky, along with trading the wheels and tires for a set off a 350x. Anybody else know much about the history of your trike?

riverrat
02-02-2009, 11:39 PM
I am a second owner of my 85' 110. Had it since around 1988. The original owners hardly rode it, but I sure did. The only things I've fixed was the brakes, and a cobra exhaust.

My other bikes I don't know crap about.

The Goat
02-02-2009, 11:41 PM
the owner before me for the 350x was SYKO...I have no original parts besides forks triples, frame and motor mounts. everything else is new or aftermarket.

before him it was I believe Dreadhed...after that I know nothing.

there is a 70 in our shop that schmee got when he was a kid, it was then sold to me...then back to his mom, then to her nephew...then back to her, then he rebuilt it from the ground up. looks like it did the day it was bought.

codemanlyons
02-02-2009, 11:42 PM
Iam the 3rd owner of my 350x the first owner was a farmer he used it to check fence and cows (why he got a 350x for that idk?) second owner was a guy that had one as a kid. He put a front fender, tank and shock boots on it.. bought paddles he never used and built a grab bar. Then he never rode it and i bought it and i have fixed a leak on the head put a new grab bar on it and put a clutch in it.

Iam the second owner of my YTM 200 first owner was a freind of dads he bought it new and rode it for years. One day he rolled it and messed himself up he dident want anything to do with it after that and gave it to us..He dident do anything to it and i put a new rear end on it....Thats it since 1984

mullet_boy
02-02-2009, 11:50 PM
Thats so cool that theres acctually a few of you that know something about your machines besides me. I know a lot of people on here just find em cheap where ever they can and ride. Which is what i did, but i got lucky and happened upon the other owners through a few random ways. Thats pretty cool about your 350x goat, buying a trike thats been owned by 2 members on here and really cool about that 70. I wish i was old enough to have bought a trike new, but knowing the history of mine is pretty awsome too. Anyone esle out there?

Twilight
02-02-2009, 11:52 PM
2nd owner of my 250r, 1st owner did sand and desert for 5 years with it, then it stopped working and he parked it.

2nd owner of my 250sx, guy ran it hard, rednecked everything, ran it into river and left it.

RoscoW
02-03-2009, 12:06 AM
I'm the third owner of my R's. The original owner bought three 85 250R's from Country Roads in Ceadarburg Wi. and took delivery in May and June. I have the original owner ID cards and PDI sheets with the machines. He sold all three to the second owner on April 15 2000 as a package deal and the second owner didn't change over the titles. I bought the same three R's as a package deal on Jan 27th 2007 from the Chicago area and brought them to Canada. I'm officially the third owner but only the second registered owner. I sold one to a good friend of mine and kept the other two.
Both my R's probably went down the line on the same day with 11 other machines separating them, vin #'s are only 12 apart.

Nick_R_23
02-03-2009, 12:40 AM
The only trike I have that I really know the history on is my 250R. The original owner bought it new and owned and raced it until he died, and left it to his buddy. His buddy never really rode it, so he threw it up on Craigslist where I bought it from. He even gave me the original title from when it rolled off the showroom floor.

The rest of my trikes I could tell you where I got them from and what the owner did to them. I always try and find out as much as possible about the guy they bought it from originally, but I dont ever seem to get much info.

-Nick :TrikesOwn

TriMotoMan
02-03-2009, 02:14 AM
Well i found my trike buried under some gravel and aperently it had been sitting on a flatbed truck in the junkyard for like 10years, well i never knew who the past owner was til about a week ago when i was talkin to my cousins(he owns the junk yard) friend and told him baout what it used to look like before i restored it and sure enough it was his parts bike

ATCeeya
02-03-2009, 02:33 AM
bought my ytm 200 off original owner just over 13 years ago. had front rack with gun rack and a rear rack. still got em but took them off. It was a minty thing. Still is pretty clean too. He used it for hunting.

Im a new owner to the 3 of these.

250r guy owned it a year. didnt get much else outta him.
200x guy owned his a year. Engine smoked a little. Then blew and I bought it.
350x guy owned about a year as well. Took it in as a partial trade.

Chaps80
02-03-2009, 02:54 AM
I don't know anything about my '83 225dx, except that the friend I bought it off bought it off a friend of his dads a couple years before.

hublake
02-03-2009, 08:56 AM
This history on my 85 BR is pretty simple. I bought it new in 85 and it will be with me until the end.

Dirty
02-03-2009, 10:58 AM
In the order i bought them:

KLT -85: Dad found it on swedens "craigslist" i southern sweden so he and my sister went down and bought it from a guy who had owned it since new, very few hours on it.

200X: Bought from a very special and rich guy in germany, dad went down to pick up the Fat Cat he bought from him, i was in germany on vacation the week before so was going to check that the Fat Cat was all that the owner said it would be and he had bought the 200X with plans to gut it and use the engine in the Fat Cat to get manual clutch and an extra gear, since shipping was no problem i ended up taking that 3wheeler.

200E (beater): Bought it cheap since its in bad condition and in have had a bunch of owners and looks like it have had a hard life, guy i bought it from seemed to be the brawler type and every bolt is overtorqued like hell.

KXT 250: Guy i bought it from had hardly used it, probably made a little money on it selling it to me he had bought it cheap from a neighbour that had imported it when it was almost new from Belgium or Holland when he worked down there in the 80s but hardly used it since it scared him.

200E: Bought localy, been demo machine a little while when new then 1 previous owner, they had it at a camp site with cabins for maintaines and for hunting in remote areas with no roads.

/Johan

threewheelin-feelin
02-03-2009, 11:01 AM
i was the fourth owner of my old 84 200s a friend of my uncle had bought it from the original owner in a bout 89 ...my uncle bought it a couple of months later for $800 and kept it till 2002 when i bought it i sold it in 2005 to a board member her and he still owns it and is doing good things to it...the original ower had also put a bassant exhaust on it...i know nothing about my current bikes

86 250r
02-03-2009, 11:27 AM
I still have my 1985 70 that my mom and dad got for me. I also have a 1982 110 that I got from the orginal ower with all paper work. As for my 1986 250r know idea.

Ant2u
02-03-2009, 11:47 AM
I am the third owner of my 1986 200x. The original owner was a teenager and he had a close call and decided to part with it and sold it to the second owner in early 87. The second owner rode it consistently for about 5 years and then left it in his mothers garage when he moved out of state. It sat in his mother's garage for almost 13 years until she asked him to come a get it. He brought it home and put it in his garage and it stayed in there until I just bought it last month.

Itrike
02-03-2009, 11:49 AM
Second owner of my 250r original got it when he was 14, its ben ridden hard very few original parts left on it now.
Third owner of my big red first owner used it on the farm but very little, second owner is a freind of mine he used it one season for dear hunting.

SYKO
02-03-2009, 11:56 AM
I DONT KNOW where I stand in line with my 85 250r, I knew the guy i bought it from, and he in turned knew the guy he bought it from... after that I have no clue.

When I got it, it had no plastic except a busted up headlight shroud, fabed up rear wheel adapters and just plain out looked horrid.

well...thats the only trike I got

oh and goat schmee is the 4rth owner of the 83 250R

Custom200
02-03-2009, 03:03 PM
The only bike I kenw the history on I sold but I know who too.. Its was an 84 200m. He bought it in 91 from my uncle who was the orgnial owner, and had it untill about 98. He sold it to guy about an hour away after having motor trouble. About 2 years ago I called about a classified for a trike that needed a new top end. When me and dad went to look at it he said this place seems familar and sure enough this was the bike he sold in past years. I bought it home for 100 bucks. did the top end and used it for about 2 years untill I sold it to a friend.

Gripit'n'ripit
02-03-2009, 05:30 PM
I am the 2nd owner of my 82 250R. The first owner was given the trike for his 16th B-day. He's kept it garage stored and running. When i bought it, the ONLY major blemish was the front fender.

I don't know the entire history of my YTM, but i do know the history for several owners.

It was originally gotten by a friend of my 4 years ago, in parts, not running. It was sold to my neighbor who did a NASTY repair on the frame. He got it going and rode it for about a year.

My neighbor sold it to my brother (Klondike1020) who then sold it to our friend (Civicstomper). Civicstomper sold it to HIS neighbor who completely disassembled it with the intention of restoring it.

The year before last, Civicstomper and I bought it BACK from his neighbor with the intention of getting it running and giving it to my brother, klondike1020, as a birthday gift. We were not able to get it going in time.
After waiting a year, my brother decided he wanted nothing to do with this machine, and gave it to me. Since then it has sat in my shed, waiting in line with my other projects.

I actually feel kinda bad for the YTM, 8 owners in 4 years. It's just the little trike that no one wanted.

code200k
02-03-2009, 08:17 PM
as far as i know my friend found it in his grandpas barn in upstate ny he dint want it cuz there deadly :lol: and he thought it was seized.. changed oil new plug ran fine needed 2nddary clutch thats all ive put in it as of now awitnig new piston and rings or blaster motor

peco250sx
02-03-2009, 08:31 PM
my 84' 200m was first owned by a trapper in northern manitoba and he put some guard bars on it in front of the shifter and brake and sold it to my neibour at my cabin who used it for towing a trailer and we bought it 3 years ago.

my 250sx i bought from someone who used it as a family trike and ran it in parades so he fabed up a couple construction/police lights on poles to bolt to the rack and also put guard bars on it same as the 200m and fitted it with oversized tires other than that it was stock but i changed that in a hurry

TrailerRider
02-03-2009, 08:51 PM
1984 200s - No idea other then it came from the high desert and had compression problems and sand damage to the barrel from running the air box from a yamaha and a air filter that was seriously shot.

1983 185s - Parts bike from same owners (See #1)but mostly complete parts bike.

1985 110 - Bought from a guy who used to to drive up and down the street in the small town they lived in. Said it had a great "Stash Box" under the fender.. :lol: He said he got it from a biker who beat the hell out of it for no reason. I think he tattooed him for it or something stupid like that. Fenders were cut and ugly as he|| and painted gold. He was going to make it look like a harley :crazy: . Look for pics on here of it..lol po thought the biker got it from orignal owner but that guy died and the biker guy aquired it through estate or will.

1980 90 - (See #1) but in better condition. No idea on it's life prior to me. but they have good homes now.

mullet_boy
02-03-2009, 11:29 PM
Wow. I didn't think this would get such a response. Lot of interesting stories, thanks for sharing guys!

BiggerRed
02-04-2009, 12:03 AM
1985 Big Red- 3rd owner. We picked it up from a cousin for $200.00. It was sitting outside under a tarp for about a year. The 1st owner painted it in black and white camo ( it looked hideous ). When we got it, took some time and money to get her back to Honda colors.
1982 Big Red-unknown
1985 ATC 70-unknown

yyz4208@aol.com
02-04-2009, 11:53 AM
I bought my 86 tri z from the first owner . He was a detevive for the local pd bought it new and never rode it . I bought it in 03 for $700. only parts I have replaced kickstart lever , tires , upgrade rear shock to warrior . FMF silencer made for 02 yz250 .

Frankencelery
02-04-2009, 12:09 PM
Wow, I have no idea of the history of ANY of my trikes. I feel so inadequate... :(

bigboy_toy85
02-04-2009, 12:32 PM
Well my 85 big red was bought in Louisiana by my grandpa new in 85. He kept it in his garage and used it untill he gave it to me in 2000. I kept it in a shed untill we moved to Oklahoma in 2002. It stayed in the garage untill we moved again in 2007. Since then it's been under the patio and ridden a lot.

that's been the history, I have registration, all papers, owners manual. So it's all there and mostly original other than battery. Sparkplug and tires. I just got rid of the original champion battery.

thefox
02-04-2009, 01:33 PM
I bought my 200E from the original owner who would have been about 50 when he bought it. He used it to check the back woods and pull a lawn cart until he broke his leg and let it still for a couple of years. He already had a quad and knew I liked trikes so I was fisrt in line when it came up for sale. Most of the time I keep the trike in his barn since he lives across the street from the friends land that I ride on most of the time.

trike moto
02-04-2009, 08:06 PM
I'm the 2 owner of my 225dx the first owner got it as a bribe from his dad to stay here in indiana and not move to california with his mom good bribe i think!!!!

beets442
02-04-2009, 08:17 PM
85'-350X I'm the second owner. The original guy wrecked it bent the bars and ruined the plastic. Bought it for $1500 in Mi. Took it to the local Honda dealer and he said they made a few that haul the mail. Mine is one of those and made an offer of $2500. as is. I said no way. Had original tires in good shape. I welded up a clamp on rack. Fresh tires, bearings, seals, chain and sprocket. It's one kick a $ $ machine. Beets

Xfile
02-05-2009, 01:16 AM
86 200X-- I am the second owner,,original owner was my boss. His dad bought it for him new in late 1985 when he was 13. They sent the engine out to powroll and had it modified. DC has the head and cam from this engine on his 86..I put a stock, low hour 87 engine in it.

85 200X--I have no history on it...paid $350 from my neighbor..it's pretty nice now, but I put a lot of $$ and work into it.

84 auto-X--bought it from some strange dude in a small town I pass through once in a while. He wanted $250. I took it home for $75. It was pretty trashed but is starting to look nice now.

84--200es --nice machine, given to me from my father-in-law. He bought it new in 1984.

84 ATC 70--another nice machine, given to me from my wife. Her dad bought it for her new in 1984.

InPiEcEs
02-05-2009, 02:28 AM
I'm the 3rd owner of my 86 250R.
Bought it from a buddy in 1990, and have owned it since then.
He hadn't seen it since he sold it, till I brought it by this past summer while I was in town.
He almost didn't think it was the same machine, since it's been all gone through since he sold it. It definitely made his day.......and mine.

hawaiirider
02-05-2009, 03:23 AM
2nd owner of my kawi 185 the guy before me pampered it its in dam good shape!
father bought our 1977 yamaha street legal dt175 2stroke new sold it to a guy and i bought it back for him!

seadoo650
02-05-2009, 09:54 AM
I'm not sure on some, but I know th history of most.
85 250R-Not sure of all the history but I got it from one of my customers in pieces. (traded for a tap and die set)
85 350X-I'm the third owner of it. Got it some years back from the second owner. He basically used it for a play bike, got a quad and sold the 350. He got it from the original owner. That's all I know (paid $900.00)
83 200X-(wifes) Got it from someone on Ebay. It was a back yard pile that had alot of parts taken from it. It now has parts from all three first gen 200X's. (paid $165.00)
84 200X-Given to us free form the original owner. Sat in his garage for 5-6 years. Runs good, needs some work. (Free)
84 200S- Given to us by the original owner/one of my customers for helping him sell his house. Sat in his pole barn for several years. Runs like a top but needs a few things. (Free)
85 110- Given to us by the second owner. Again, sat in his garage for several years. Went through a mild restoration and looks great now. (Free)
198?? 70's-Got from Garageboy34 in a trade for a basket case T-4. Don't know any history on them. They need a little more work. (have about $500.00 in the pair)
We did purchase another 1985 200X from the second owner a while back. The second owner basiclally used iit for a rider. He purchased it from the original owner that used to race it back in the 80's. It had alot of high perf. mods. Alot of the parts went from that bike to my wife's current race bike. The rest was parted out. I would have fixed the bike up and kept it original but the frame was bent and it was beat pretty bad.

firehart
02-05-2009, 10:18 AM
The guy I ride trikes with bought his Tecate brand new.

adrianc
02-05-2009, 03:26 PM
1986 Yamaha 225DRS - 1st owner, Have the pictures to prove it!!

crowballs
02-05-2009, 06:42 PM
Hmm, my dad owned mine since the mid nineties, but prior to all is lost. But he owned until he gave it to me 3 years ago, during his ownership, she was pretty much rode to death, burned just about more oil than gasoline and clutches so shot she would barely drag 130 pounds up a hill. Also sat outside all her life until me. I guess she's more like an orphan who only knows her later years, maybe for the better. Sad but true, but now in lovin' hands.

seadoo650
02-07-2009, 04:17 PM
I now know the history of my 110. I found this in the garage when I was cleaning up today. Must have fell off sometime over the winter and did'nt notice it. I'm glad I found it. Original owners ID card. He also purchased it on my birthday back in 1985.
http://i478.photobucket.com/albums/rr143/seadoo650/ATC110IDCARD004.jpg
http://i478.photobucket.com/albums/rr143/seadoo650/ATC110IDCARD005.jpg

225dxyamaha
02-07-2009, 04:54 PM
3rd owner of my 1984 yamaha 225DX. first owners abused it alot. Second owner was my uncle who fixed it up and he eventually gave it to me since i only ever rode it.

yamaha_ripper98
02-08-2009, 12:30 PM
my 83 dx i have the owner id card laminated in my fathers name as for my z's who knows i just got the 86 yesteday and the 85 i dont want to know because i would probly hit them from the condition it was in

as for my 84 200x a friends uncle got it new and before he died he told his wife to give it to sumone that would take care of it and have a blast on it LUCKY ME...... R.I.P dan

BigRed_Ryno
02-08-2009, 12:55 PM
my 85 200x im not so sure about, the bloke I got it from (petesatc) got it from another bloke as a roller who had brought it across the pond from the states, not sure when, but from what Pete said it'd sat about for a long while with no motor in it.
My '82 ATC70 was bought brand new by our local farmer for his boy, who in true farmer style used and abused it for a few years, they then sold it to a family friend, who 'restored' it pretty badly, but the engine ripped :p we bought it in 1991 and used it with a 1985 '70 (which we bought from the same farmer) till about 1996 when we sold the 1985 '70 and put the '83 in the back of the garage until my parents sold up in 2006, and that was when the triking obsession really kicked in :D its a little rough but its a large part of my childhood an i'll never part with it