PDA

View Full Version : Tri-zinger pull start rebuild-help needed.

Tri-Z Pilot
02-02-2009, 11:03 PM
Well, the zinger I got from Tri-zNate just had the rope snap. I have never rebuilt a pull starter before, I re-tied the rope and wound it back up, that was fairly simple. I gave it a test pull to ensure it was returning right, and the second time something bound up. Took the plastic rotor off, and the damn spring hopped out. I tried for a good hour or two trying to put the spring back in, but no go.

I'm a recoil starter dummy, so I need advice on how to get the spring back in correctly, and how to avoid this when I have to re-do the pull rope in the future.
Thanks in advance, and thank you Nate for hookin me up with the Zinger, it really rips, cant wait to put my nephews on it, gonna wait till I get the seat first, it hurts the junk a little:lol:

Tri-ZNate
02-02-2009, 11:05 PM
wow that sucks the cord broke. Didnt seem to have any cord issues at pennsyltucky. I've never been into them so I'm of no help

oldtime3wheeler
02-02-2009, 11:12 PM
Im good at reroping a pullstart. Iys pretty simple. The spring is a different story. Get someone too give you a hand. Having an extra set of hands to hold the spring down might help.

Tri-Z Pilot
02-02-2009, 11:16 PM
wow that sucks the cord broke. Didnt seem to have any cord issues at pennsyltucky. I've never been into them so I'm of no help

Jeesh, you are no help! Actually your the biggest help for hookin me up with it. You were right about it being tempermental, it starts when it wants, gonna need a choke assembly for the cold. Although it has been gettin easier to start the more I run it. I can start it by holding the cover on and ten taking it off, but I dont need to get my foot yanked in there,I'm already missin half a finger, dont need any more misshaps. I cant stop riding it though, I'm having more fun with that than the Red or R:lol:

P.S. What oil were you running in the mix?

atctim
02-02-2009, 11:19 PM
are you trying to rewind it in your hand before putting it back into the assembly? That is they best way - also - of your fingers don;t hurt or aren't bleeding when you are done - you are not doing it right!

Tri-Z Pilot
02-02-2009, 11:35 PM
Maybe I should just drop it off at a shop, shouldnt be to expensive. Should I set it in the cover, or in the rotor after I wind it? As for fingers hurting, my fingertips and toes on my right side are still numb, either I got frostbit, or had a stroke, I was pounding down the brew with no gloves on when I was BS-ing with Mik6 and Nate. I wish you and Shelly could have made it.

Tri-Z Pilot
02-03-2009, 05:49 PM
took the starter assembly to Honda shop (yea I know yt60, but the Yami dealer is an ass), and the mechanic managed to screw my spring up. I'm not mad, he was trying to help for free. They said they cant order the parts, so I was wondering how much the spring costs, and where to buy (besides my Yami dealer). Or should I just get a decent unit off the bay for around $40?

Tri-ZNate
02-03-2009, 08:49 PM
and the mechanic managed to screw my spring up.

:banned:

Run that tank out then run the oil you want. i mixed at 40:1 and that is a polaris synthetic oil in the fuel, yamalube in the cases