PDA

View Full Version : Tiger Seat Cover, 200 was RED

crazyorigin
07-06-2003, 09:15 AM
okay, i know there are gonna be some people who disagree, but i did some rsearch and the seat cover for the Tiger 200 was red. It had a red white and blue theme, and looked sweet. i tracked down the first owner of my exact Tiger 200 and asked him what it looked like when he bought it new, he said he had a picture of it, and i'm trying to get him to let me have a copy of it, when i do i'll post it.

Trikeaholic
07-06-2003, 09:51 AM
I am pretty sure differences like that were common. My 250 has a Brembo front master cylinder, and Skippys has a Magura. His fork tubes are blue, mine are white. Our engine numbers are really close, so I believe they are around the same year or build time. But, like in some of the photos on this site there are early production models that look slightly different than ours.

hrc200x
07-06-2003, 12:04 PM
I belive its in the TIger 500 test on this site it says that if Tiger found out how to make an improvment in their ATV's that they would change it on the next one being made, they wouldn't wait till the next year to release a ATV with a whole bunch of new improvments.

MR ATC
07-06-2003, 12:33 PM
I belive its in the TIger 500 test on this site it says that if Tiger found out how to make an improvment in their ATV's that they would change it on the next one being made, they wouldn't wait till the next year to release a ATV with a whole bunch of new improvments.

very true. also the color scheme was a option. ive seen orange tigers

Kilborg
07-06-2003, 01:17 PM
The reason for this? Most all tigers were special ordered. They were more or less a kit bike shipped to you built to your specs. The biggest reason they did not survive is all that they marketed were racebikes, you could not (and probably would not want to) really ride them regularly. They were not mass produced, and like most other companies of this type, went under because they just could not break even. Companies like Honda made a racebike you could take almost anywhere and have fun on, while tiger was a track only bike. Also, they just did not have the funding to take on the big 4. Tigers were not all that great for much else then iceracing and flattrack, since they had some geometry that was a little funky for flying through the air. Tiger also never had the money to compete with the big 4. They were basically offering a custom bike at factory prices, so they lost money. Money they could not make up for in sale quantity.

MR ATC
07-06-2003, 01:32 PM
the reason Tigers did not survive is they were not that good a trike and not very reliable. like blazer said on ice or flatrack they did ok because there strongest point there motor could be used in those conditions. put one on a MX track or woods course with a pro aboard forget it it would be lucky just to finish. A good friend of mine had a factory sponsership from them. he raced the 250 and 500 class. a month later he went back to privatering it on his Tecate. they would always brake down and handled like crap. his results dropped of on the Tigers...of course he was always looking for an advantage thats why he chose Kaw then Tiger then back to Kaw. thinking the more powerfull motors could beat the better all around Honda's...of course he never did beat me or my 250R. the biggest draw to tigers nowadays is the rareity of them. nice to look at and thats about it.

Trikeaholic
07-06-2003, 01:34 PM
Im sure that most Tigers have not survived because once the racing and maintaining of them was stopped, they were trail ridden and play ridden into the ground. Looking at mine, there is no way it would survive 15 years of play riding like a Honda would. Its just not "stout" enough. It was built for 30 minute motos, not full day rides.

skippy
07-06-2003, 07:16 PM
back to crazys question though.. i now have two seats and both are blue covered... i havent found a red seat for sale yet.. but either way you still need to send your seat for a custom cover,.. matt will tell ya whatever your bike was, just restore it and make it sweet.. im getting there on mine, just have three other bikes going on right now also..

halen_5150
07-07-2003, 12:16 PM
My Tiger 250 must have the red seat option. Can someone IM me with directions how to post pictures?

Billy Golightly
07-07-2003, 12:53 PM
Halen, checkout this page for info on how to upload pictures: http://3wheelerworldforums.com/faq.php#39