PDA

View Full Version : New here with a thousand questions!

Cottonwood
01-26-2009, 03:31 AM
Hey great place here! I have a 200M I got from a guy for $100 all beat up and wired up different because he didn't have a key for it, but it runs and I love it! I'm looking to slowly fix it up, but I'm also looking to get another. So I have a ton of questions but I'll start here... I'm not big into racing or anything but was wondering what all the bikes names mean? Like the X on 200X or E, or EX...etc...:wondering AND what bike is the fastest stock? Thanks for the help, I've already found a bunch of info on how to fix some things on my bike!

Twilight
01-26-2009, 03:33 AM
X- Sport
E/S/ES/M/S- Utility
SX- Sport/Utility
R- Race

Atc 250r 85/86 seems the most fastest to me.

Nick_R_23
01-26-2009, 03:44 AM
X - cross country (suspended 4 stroke)
R - race
S - sport
E - electric start
ES - electric start/shaft driven
SX - sport/cross country

Fastest bike stock for Honda was the 85/86 250R, followed by the 350X. Fastest trike out-of-the-crate stock from the factory was the Kawasaki Tecate.

Oh, and :welcome: to 3wheelerworld!!

-Nick :TrikesOwn

fabiodriven
01-26-2009, 07:09 PM
Fastest trike out-of-the-crate stock from the factory was the Kawasaki Tecate.

YAMAHONDAMAN shens :welcome:

Nick_R_23
01-26-2009, 10:13 PM
Dont let it go to your head there, it was only by a measly 2 mph, Ill drop a tooth on the front and easily change that!! :lol: :D :rolleyes: YAMAHONDAMAN

Cottonwood
01-27-2009, 02:04 AM
Yeah, I've been looking on craigslist and there are a bunch for sale, I was thinking a 200X or 250R, but I didn't really know what the differences were. I think the X would be best because I like taking my 200M out and climbing up the rocky hills and over boulders and stuff out behind my house, but I would like something that would go faster too. What about I believe the 350X it is? There is one of those for sale right now I've seen posted for a while? Is it quite a bit faster than the the 200X or is there much difference at all?

Nick_R_23
01-27-2009, 02:10 AM
A 200x would have a simliar engine like your 200M, but a little more powerful, plus full suspension and a clutch. A 350X is a completely different bike then a 200x, same principle, but almost like the 4 stroke equivilent to a 250R.

firehart
01-27-2009, 10:46 AM
A lot will depend on the type of riding you do, which trike will be best for you. Get one of each (Big Red, 250r, 350x) that way you are ready for anything. I like my old hardtails but someday I'm getting a Big Red.

Jonpin
01-27-2009, 02:59 PM
Im currently working on acouple 85 350x's i think there going to be great but i currently ride an 85 250es it has great power but you will find your self wishing it had more gears when your riding with friends with new quads out on the trails though, just has no top end but its not made for racing eaither . its a real fun bike and does great in the mud for nasty terrain its the ticket i think, and with the auto clutch makes it a relaxed ride to.it also pulls my lil fishing boat and my air boat no problem.

brapp
01-27-2009, 03:38 PM
for an allaround trike i love the 250sx;s verry capable machine mabey not the fastest but definitly go just abotu anywhere u point it. and verry reliable alli have had to do is wheel berings brakes and oil changes for the last 10 years i have had mine and it gets ridden daily

Cottonwood
02-01-2009, 12:32 AM
Thanks, I found a 250sx the guy wants $400 for, I'm going to talk with him a little more, he lives pretty far away but maybe I can get out there to check it out soon. Probably have to wait though. I did have some questions on parts...where do you find all yours? I saw a post about all the nicely done up big reds, I'm having trouble...for my 84 200M I need a lot of stuff, its bad! But I need a front fender, air box and filter (has a K&N but it acting like its getting way too much air so just want stock), possibly rear fender (there but ugly and cracked), and new exhaust pipe the whole thing (this one has leaks all over and is very rusted). My bike was sitting out in a back yard for a couple years, was going to go the dump and I told the guy I'd take it instead. So it needs a lot....there's more but those are the parts I cant seem to find...checked ebay and craigslist, googled it...I found some brand new but I don't want to spend $120 for a front fender and $300+ for rear fenders. Any where I can get decent ones cheaper? Sorry for the long post, I thought I would be happy getting it to run, now I want it to run better and look better, especially after seeing all yours!http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z228/ricechris12/101_1446.jpghttp://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z228/ricechris12/101_1449.jpg

Hoosier_Daddy
02-01-2009, 02:09 AM
Welcome to the forum!

Cottonwood
02-01-2009, 02:31 AM
Thanks Hoosier Daddy (by they way its about to be the Larry Fitzgerald), but you've got the wrong football team up, you need a Red Bird for your picture!