PDA

View Full Version : Hey Carb Adjustment Trouble, Last Thing I Need

robertmitch85
01-21-2009, 07:21 PM
OK HUYS THIS IS THE LAST THING I SHOULD NEED HELP FOR A WHILE TO GET THIS TRIKE BACK OUT THERE, IT IS A 1985 200X AND WHEN I GIVE IT THROTTLE SLOWLY IT BOGS DOWN, ALSO WONT IDLE FOR MORE THAN 1 1/2 MINS BY ITS SELF, IF YOU JUST JAMB THE THROTTLE ALL THE WAY OPEN INSTANTLY, IT WILL BOG DOW AND DIE, I DID CLEAN THE CAR OUT, ie JETS AND BOWL, AND UNSCREWED PRETTY MUCH EVERYTHING (DUMB trailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro) I KNOW.... BUT IM TRYING TO LEARN. ANY WAY WHAT HAVE I DONE WRONG AND HOW DO I FIX IT :(

Dirtcrasher
01-21-2009, 07:28 PM
Is it modified?? Exhaust?? Porting?? Cam?? is the air box lid on?? with a filter??

Could it have an air leak? does the idle go up if you spray WD40 around the carb inlet??

Does it run better with the choke on??

cr480r
01-21-2009, 07:29 PM
is the carb getting gas from the tank? Is the float level too low?

oscarmayer
01-21-2009, 07:36 PM
can we lay off the caps please? TY. i feel like your yelling at me just reading the post.

cleanign the carb is not always the answer. a lot of times these old carbs need a complete rebuild. it's under $20 shipped to your door for a full rebuild kit.

get a roll of blue shop towels and 2 cans of carb cleaner from the auto store. order a carb kit and have at it.

see the needle and seat can be worn, the jets can be worn or have buildup in them keeping them from working properly and the seals can still be causing issues.
a rebuidl kit addresses all these things.

robertmitch85
01-21-2009, 07:39 PM
well I checked by spraying the wd40 around the carb, no problems, see it didnt do this until i mess with it, how can i adjust the float??? the exausht is stock just a foam sprayed filter

robertmitch85
01-22-2009, 03:03 PM
anyone else