PDA

View Full Version : ATC90/110 vented-extended dipstick

Vealmonkey
01-19-2009, 12:42 AM
Well, after a few members on here lately have asked about the ATC90/110 vented extended dipsticks, I have decided to post a few pictures. Also, I have made inquiries to a certain board member on here to see if these can be reproduced. These pictures are for him as well to get a better understanding of how these are put together. Maybe we can get some of these produced. Showing some interest in their reproduction might help get the ball rolling. No idea on cost per unit, that is entirely up to the member who may reproduce them. I have volunteered mine to be sent away so the dimensions can be provided. Cross your fingers and maybe this can happen. These will fit both atc90 and atc110 and will fit the cl90 and sl90 series of engines also. They are mainly to help vent access crankcase pressure caused by high revving big bore and stroker atc90/110s. They are also a nice little period accessory that is pretty impossible to find. Please show your interest in these and support the board member that may possibly be able to duplicate them. You have possibly bought some of his fine products in the past, I know I have. I won't mention his name, I'll let him do that. Hopefully this can be doable project. Cross your fingers everyone.

ParrotGreenUS90
01-19-2009, 12:58 AM
I hope this happens, I would like one for each of my 90 motors. Is this a BAPP vented dipstick? Maybe we can get a few of the other mods reproduced.

Vealmonkey
01-19-2009, 01:16 AM
BAPP products were usually marked and the 2 I have aren't. I don't know if they'll be exact reproductions, but anything close is better than nothing. You do know that BAPP stands for "Big Al's Performance Products" don't you. Several companies often sold the same parts that were made at a common facility and they just put different names on them. Some were dedicated parts though with slight differences.

ParrotGreenUS90
01-19-2009, 01:31 AM
I only asked the BAPP as I have a Big Al's on my motor already. I have not seen a non BAPP in awhile, but you can only see half a circle at a time. Hope everything goes as planned.

200xman
01-19-2009, 06:48 AM
I'd definitely be down for 1 if they were reproduced!

freaksfix
01-19-2009, 07:04 AM
Id be in for a couple..

trizilla
01-19-2009, 01:22 PM
im good for at least 1, maybe 2.

B2V8384
01-19-2009, 06:52 PM
Ads from the 1980's.

Dirtcrasher
01-19-2009, 07:29 PM
Thats a sweet item there!! Not to downplay this mod or anything (it's just a vent?),couldn't we simply tap into the case and add a vent?? Of course this thing is trick as a hooker :lol: but I'm just thing about it's purpose.

I'd imagine the only negative to tapping it in elsewhere is that you'd have to do it to a cover that you had off the motor so as not to get aluminum chips into the motor??..........

Very trick though!!

freaksfix
01-19-2009, 07:49 PM
Thats a sweet item there!! Not to downplay this mod or anything (it's just a vent?),couldn't we simply tap into the case and add a vent?? Of course this thing is trick as a hooker :lol: but I'm just thing about it's purpose.

I'd imagine the only negative to tapping it in elsewhere is that you'd have to do it to a cover that you had off the motor so as not to get aluminum chips into the motor??..........

Very trick though!!

Yeah... Its just like the vented rocker tappet cover caps. Buy one or take it off and vent it yourself.. Its old school bling, and thats just cool bolt ons thats all.. Eye candy.. But you can say ive got it and you dont..lol...

bandito90
01-20-2009, 04:39 AM
I'd be down for 1 or 2 depending on price.

motoman1012002
06-28-2010, 05:30 PM
can we get this going again where honda250sx

90crazy
06-28-2010, 07:07 PM

Very trick though!!
I don't know if you can see it on this bike but that is how this one is done. A brass 90. I've seen alot of old stroker motors done this way. It's definately not my favorite but it does serve it's purpose. I got lucky again and picked this other motor up with a vented dipstick on it already.:Bounce

Vealmonkey
06-28-2010, 10:05 PM
I've seen them done lots of ways too. The vented dipstick is just a matter of taste. Kind of like the turbo wheels.

motoman1012002
06-28-2010, 10:15 PM
i wanna get them reproduced

90crazy
06-28-2010, 10:18 PM
I've seen them done lots of ways too. The vented dipstick is just a matter of taste. Kind of like the turbo wheels.
I'm definately with ya there! And speaking of turbo wheels..........you know anywhere I can find some?:beer

shortline10
06-28-2010, 10:24 PM
I'm definately with ya there! And speaking of turbo wheels..........you know anywhere I can find some?:beer
Depends how much $ your lookin to spend LOL .

Vealmonkey
06-28-2010, 11:01 PM
No, you can't have my vented dipsticks or turbo wheels. GEEEEEESSSSSSHHHHHH! LOL

motoman1012002
07-17-2010, 07:42 AM
ive got a bapp dipstick now