PDA

View Full Version : Supension 90/110

bandito90
01-17-2009, 04:13 PM
Hey,Just wondering if anybody has any good pics of suspension 90/110 frames.A better pic of the one in the PK Racing post would be nice.

Also,There was a engine side case on ebay a month or so ago that had the hi/lo box cut off and a special counter shaft to run a standard sprocket.Does anybody know if this is a custom piece or off of an s90 or other honda bike?

trizilla
01-17-2009, 04:18 PM
i dont have any suspended pics to offer. but i too am looking for info on the removal of the sub trans. i have seen pics of an engine with it removed on this board or on .org. i cant seem to find it again. seems pretty straight forward though, cut the cover, remove the trans but after that i am lost. i want to find out what kind of countershaft was used or what mods were done to it. it wont be long and i'll be expiermenting with 1 of my xtra 110 engines. on that suspension thing, have you thought about modifing your bandito to accept a swingarm?

Vealmonkey
01-17-2009, 04:31 PM
You are going about it all wrong. Cutting and welding on those old sandcast cases just starts alot of problems. There are alot of air pockets and things have a tendency to bubble or blow out. You gotta find some cl90 or sl90 cases. If you use the atc90 stator with the 3 holes, you should be able to use a pull start, but why. The clutch with the cl90 and sl90 is so much stronger than the atc90 auto clutch. And it's no big deal to pull the fenders and kick and use some axle spacers. And as far as the suspension 110. The best place to look is the old magazines. But if you look, mymint87 has a suspesion frame. There are pictures on here in a section about "restorations" or something like that on the main page. If you can't find them on here, look at .org and you can find some. The suspension frames are built alot different in most cases.

trizilla
01-17-2009, 04:44 PM
i agree pat. sl or cl cases is the way to go. however, i have so many 110 and 90 engines kickin around i can afford to cut 1 up and give it a try. plus its free!!! i think its near cutting time. what would have to be welded? i am not aware of the needed welding and info on doing this is pretty scarce.

Vealmonkey
01-17-2009, 05:03 PM
When you take the subtranny off you are left with a really big hole for one. Also, you will have to cut the transmission shaft and if you can't drill and tap the end for the bolt or bolts for the front sprocket, you would have to scare up the proper shaft and front sprocket at the very least. I imagine you would probably have to change out your gear set also. I'm not 100% sure on how the transmission and the hi/lo gear works, but I think it has to do there are 2 gears on the transmission shaft and the hi/lo box engages one or the other so you would have to make it so the transmission just drove the shaft off of one gear. I never studied the hi/lo gear set up real close since to me the best way was just to use the other complete engine set up. But if you have to source parts from one of those engines anyway, I think it would just be easier to use the whole engine. Unless you know someone that has several of those engines torn apart for parts. Also, I think it would be easier to use the sl or cl case half that is already set up for a single sprocket and doesn't have all the things for the hi/lo gearbox, but once again you would need to source that out. The outside of the sl cl90 case half is different than the outside of the case half for the atc90 and would take some modding to be similar. If any of that makes sense.

Blown 331
01-17-2009, 07:23 PM
Why not just leave the sub trans on there? I guess there are some advatages like weight and sprocket selection but those seem very very minor to me. I can see if you had a suspension frame and the SL cases. But otherwise is it really worth to take that sub trans off?

And it never even crossed my mind but a suspension 90 with a SL motor would be freakin awesome, wow I'd love to have that!

blue27
01-17-2009, 09:16 PM
I've looked at mymint87's suspension frame on org.Looks different than the PK frame.the PK looks like the bandito minus the hard tail section. I'm using Blues account this is Bandito 90

bandito90
01-17-2009, 09:21 PM
I forgot to log out the other user and made the reply above!