PDA

View Full Version : air box gone

trike moto
01-11-2009, 10:33 PM
when i got my dx the air box was melted badly do to the old owner trying to start it with starting fluid so i eliminated it and put a air cleaner kit from k&n on it that was supposed to bolt right on but did not so i made it work (bolt ons never just bolt on but that's another thread all in its self) any ways have any one done this to a 225??? i never rode it with a air box on it so i don't now if i gained any power or not and yes i have jetted it for the new cleaner!!!!!!!!!!!!

trike moto
01-12-2009, 07:55 AM
i guess no one had eliminated the air box?? or my be if i had a 350x, 250r or a tri z i would have had some kind of feed back by now

Vealmonkey
01-12-2009, 08:28 AM
I believe when it says K&N for your 225, it is meant to fit inside the stock airbox instead of bolt directly to the carb. No biggie though. It seems most people keep the airboxes on the 225 in case they feel like hitting some puddles. It might help you to get one of those "outerwear" filter covers to help keep the moisture out of your carb. If you jet it right, I'm sure you have felt some difference in the peppiness of the trike. Make sure and check your plug for the next couple of rides. The plug always tells wether or not you have jetted right. How about a couple pictures?

trike moto
01-12-2009, 08:40 AM
yes the filter is bolted directly to the carb and it has a outerwear pre filter on it i have got the jetting right on!! Im just looking for some one else that has done this to see if they have noticed any gain in power!!! i will post pics this after noon!!!!!!!!!!!!

SYKO
01-12-2009, 09:33 AM
if jetted correctly you should feel a little gain, but if you let more air in, you need to let more air out, namely a high flow exhaust and then jet for all of that and you should feel alot more power then.

trike moto
01-12-2009, 01:24 PM
it has a super trap exhaust onit and it runs great i'm just looking 4 some one that has done the same mod?? here is 1 pic will post better ones later

trike moto
01-12-2009, 03:54 PM
here are the pics

oscarmayer
01-12-2009, 07:36 PM
beware of water....