PDA

View Full Version : New atv park: NO 3 WHEELERS

Coaltrain
01-08-2009, 09:18 AM
There is a new atv park fairly close to where I live. I was checking out their website and got to the rules page. No 3 wheelers or dirtbikes. I can understand the dirtbike rule but 3 wheelers? I emailed them asking for a reason but they haven't replied. Maybe it would help if all of us sent them emails expressing our disdain for the rule and see if we cant get them to allow trikes. Come on guys I need your help on this one. :beer

Forgot to add the link.
www.themuddhole.com

Billy Golightly
01-08-2009, 09:37 AM
Its more then likely nothing personal at all, but just he fact that is how their insurance policy states and requires it to be. I ran into this same thing with my own track over here in LO.

SYKO
01-08-2009, 10:00 AM
Hmmmm I wonder how david up here does possum creek? frankly I dont think he even has insurance.

usualy the mud places are just that, and unless you got monstor lifts and tires and like to go slow in mud thats all they have for riding there.

rdlsz24
01-08-2009, 10:59 AM
Same thing at the park near me. See rule #3 below:

http://www.rockyglenohv.com/rules/rules.html

I took my quad there and it was alright, but I probably won't be going back. I can have as much or more fun other places for free.

Rob

oscarmayer
01-08-2009, 11:00 AM
yea it may be because the trikes don;t go throught he thick deep mud liek a 4x4 big giant quad that weighs 1500 lbs w/o rider.

Blown 331
01-08-2009, 11:26 AM
yea it may be because the trikes don;t go throught he thick deep mud liek a 4x4 big giant quad that weighs 1500 lbs w/o rider.

I don't understand comments like this against 4-wheelers. Last time I checked 250R's and Tecates came with 4 wheels too. Then you have the Banshee, LT250R and the newer 400s and 450s. Those aren't much different than the 3-wheelers at all other than and extra front tire which might even make them go through mud worse than their 3-wheeled counterparts.

Coaltrain
01-08-2009, 01:01 PM
My neighbor took his kx400 out there last weekend with his bald arse holeshots and said he had no problem riding around every where. Said it was a pretty good place to go ride, trails around the bad mud holes etc...If they make you sign a waiver then whats the difference?

oscarmayer
01-08-2009, 02:03 PM
I don't understand comments like this against 4-wheelers. Last time I checked 250R's and Tecates came with 4 wheels too. Then you have the Banshee, LT250R and the newer 400s and 450s. Those aren't much different than the 3-wheelers at all other than and extra front tire which might even make them go through mud worse than their 3-wheeled counterparts.

it was a yoke. :P i know trikes can go where they go.

super90
01-08-2009, 02:35 PM
The new sport quads arent worth a damn in the mud! My 200x with 18s will go through more than my 450 will with 22'' holeshots.

deathman53
01-08-2009, 03:31 PM
A place near me will have no problem allowing my trike, but his insurance company won't. Most of the time, its not the personal opinions of the parks, but the insurance companies.

oscarmayer
01-08-2009, 03:56 PM
iknsurance companies think the "law" made trikes illegeal and never really investigate if that was true or not.

Billy Golightly
01-08-2009, 04:22 PM
not really. its all about risks, and unfourtantely, the insurance companies write their policies based on risks and a lot of the data they calculate these risks on is from the 80s CPSC data that showed all the injuries and deaths on three-wheelers. Nevermind they were like 75% self inflicted from alcohol, drug, or lack of helmet use.

oscarmayer
01-08-2009, 04:36 PM
i'm very supprised they have not re-cacluated the data for current atv riders. i bet they woudl find equile if not more atv issues since there are more riders now. but that's too much work. it's easier to pick on the little guy that everyone tries to rag on.

atctim
01-08-2009, 04:36 PM
Nevermind they were like 75% self inflicted from alcohol, drug, or lack of helmet use.

I have been through the majority of the CPSC accident document - I would say closer to 95% self inflicted if not higher.

Billy Golightly
01-08-2009, 06:11 PM
I have been through the majority of the CPSC accident document - I would say closer to 95% self inflicted if not higher.

That bad? Man even I didn't know it was that bad :lol::lol:

cr480r
01-08-2009, 06:34 PM
I feel that trikes should be allowed anywhere quads are allowed... but from an insurance point of view I can understand why they are not... inexperienced, unfit, or unskilled riders are much more likely to crash on a trike.... and insurance companies dont lose anything by being cautious..

Curtis-Tecate3
01-08-2009, 10:07 PM
Dont even waste your time or breath as they are not going to allow 3 wheelers period. The few places around lake Okeechobe here in Florida will not allow them either. It is purely an insurance deal but it still blows. Amazingly these parks websites show loads of pictures of people riding in mudbogs without helments, shirts, shoes, etc.etc and always on a 1000+ pound quad with a cooler of beer strapped to the rack. You tell me whats safer, that or a guy on a 3 wheeler in full riding gear with 35 years of experience. Oh well thats the way it is. You can thank the greedy sue happy people plus the lawyers that ruin everything.

Curtis.

Hoosier_Daddy
01-08-2009, 11:03 PM
You can thank the greedy sue happy people plus the lawyers that ruin everything.

Curtis.And the democrats. Don't forget the democrats that made it easy for the lawyers and sue happy people to have it that way.

Coaltrain
01-09-2009, 07:53 AM
I got a reply back from the park via email:

high i just talked to Mike , the owner of the park , he said you can bring your three wheeler if you want.
We are pretty laid back at the muddhole . some things just have to be posted to make the insurance people happy.
thanks danny

dirtface
01-09-2009, 08:00 AM
That's cool, just make sure you keep your nose clean when your there. It will help us trike guys keep a good name.:beer :w00t:

oscarmayer
01-09-2009, 01:29 PM
SWEETNESS!!!! go ride and report on the fun! take pics or else!!!!! :P