PDA

View Full Version : How do YOU install a reed spacer?

Saul
01-05-2009, 04:35 PM
No - I'm not asking how to install one per say - in fact I just slapped one on my 250R.

What I'm asking is this - do you install your reed spacer before the reed cage (ie: engine - then spacer - then reed cage - then carb boot) OR do YOU put yours after the reed cage? (ie: engine - then reed cage - then spacer - then carb boot)

I've read you can install it both ways - the former gives you power throughout the powerband while the latter gives you a bigger 'hit' down low.

And for that matter - what is everyones opinion on reed spacers? Worthwhile mod?

bad350
01-05-2009, 05:51 PM
carb boot, spacer reed cage or at least thats how it is on my r

DeePa
01-05-2009, 11:17 PM
i run intake, reeds, spacer, then cylinder

cr480r
01-05-2009, 11:25 PM

only way to go... if you were to want one

And for that matter - what is everyones opinion on reed spacers? Worthwhile mod?

can be.. usually isnt..

Saul
01-05-2009, 11:25 PM

Yeah - I stayed with this way. I tried both but found a more noticable 'gain' this way.

DeePa
01-05-2009, 11:42 PM
ive never noticed any gain, it just increases the crankcase volume a bit. its one of those small mods that combined with other small mods will make a larger difference in the end...but not a lot by itself...

THeyve come with the intakes that i buy, so if i paid for it, might as well RUN IT