PDA

View Full Version : Front and rear sprocket questions.

Saul
01-04-2009, 04:34 PM
Guy, I have an 82 R - I need to know what options I have for front and rear sprockets?

My rear axle will soon be one from a 200x.

I'm looking to go a bit smaller in the back and keep the front sprocket 'stock' for now but it would be nice to know what other models fit for when/if I wanna change the front or rear size.

Also - if I drop down a tooth or two on the rear will I need a different size chain?

fabiodriven
01-04-2009, 06:04 PM
I'm pretty sure the biggest front sprocket you can run is 15 teeth, and that barely fits. I have a 15 tooth on my 81 R and the guy I got it from said he had to cram the cover on and let the chaon wear the cover a bit.

If you run a 2-tooth smaller rear you'll more than likely have to shorten your chain.

Saul
01-05-2009, 10:50 PM
I'm pretty sure the biggest front sprocket you can run is 15 teeth, and that barely fits. I have a 15 tooth on my 81 R and the guy I got it from said he had to cram the cover on and let the chaon wear the cover a bit.

If you run a 2-tooth smaller rear you'll more than likely have to shorten your chain.

Disregard the size for a moment - from what other trikes can I look for a front sprocket from and have it fit my 82 R?