PDA

View Full Version : Big Red Reving Issue

bigshawn926
01-03-2009, 11:52 PM
I've been toying with an 85' big red that has been sitting for over 2 years, i bought a new clarke tank, battery, spark plug, carb rebuild kit (which i have installed), and drained and replaced fluids. Before the carb rebuild but after all the other changes it would run real sluggish and die when given gas, now i runs like a dream except for the fact that it is over reving, it runs like the choke is on full all the time, having just rebuilt the carb im clueless. Any ideas?:wondering

TriMotoMan
01-04-2009, 12:00 AM
check to see if the choke plunger is sticking

crashbang
01-04-2009, 12:29 AM
Yes I'd say the same thing check your choke, also check the idle adjustment. It might not be set right after the rebuild. Sometime carbs are tinkered with too much before the get rebuilt and if you record where all the adjustments are and put them back in the exact same place afterwards, Then they arn't set right for the clean good flowing carb.

Just an idea

code200k
01-04-2009, 01:48 AM
2nd what crashbang said bout idle adj.

CaptainRon
01-04-2009, 02:48 PM
I had a problem like that, turned out to be the threaded throttle cable seat had screwed out and needed to be turned back in. This is located at the top of the carb, were the cable enters the cap.