PDA

View Full Version : 350x engine builder is still building

The Goat
01-02-2009, 09:44 PM
I'm looking a for a place with experience porting 350x motors. Can anyone offer contact info?

bad350
01-02-2009, 10:27 PM
curtis sparks, mickey dunlap, poweroll

The Goat
01-02-2009, 10:44 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQ0u1W60BHM

on an unrelated note, with hopes of bringing some comments in here..good god.

at the moment it looks like fourstroke tech and nothing else....I did find another shop that does portwork, but for 400...the guy looks a little too shady for my tastes

300rman
01-03-2009, 02:15 AM
that shop mentioned in the R+D area, the CNC porting jobs or whatever.

SWIGIN
01-03-2009, 03:10 AM
my guy does great work....$200

years ago he got measurements of a TC national head (one of his racers heads not one he sold to the average guy) and he does all my porting.

thing is his dad just passed and he's running his dads business now, don't know if he has the time now......pm me if your interested and i'll find out

The Goat
01-03-2009, 05:56 AM
http://www.tcracingengines.com/index.cfm

So I'm sitting at work and it's 3:30 in the morning, I'm looking for NOS engines on google, and I come across a post that tc racing is still willing to work on the 350x.

So I head over to the tcracing website...and there's a contact number. Well, I give it a call with the intention of leaving the guy a message and a callback number.

Two rings in...he picks up. It's 3:45 in the morning mind you. Now I'm not sure if he was a little tipsy, groggy, or what...but apparently that's his shop number...and apparently he was there.

And considering it was this time of the morning, he wasn't THAT big of an asshole.

So we get to talking back and forth...once I get over the shock of communicating with an actual person at this time of the day.

He still custom builds engines for these bikes....and according to him, you name it, he can build it, and he can build it reliably. He builds out to 550 on a regular basis, and can go quite a bit beyond that if the coin is right.

His prices for porting....550. His price for sending him a 350x engine, and him sending it back to you still at 350cc, but putting out 40-50 hp at the wheels....3k. He'll knife edge the crank, shave a ton of weight out of the engine, and upgrade the electrical.

He was a little combative considering I was a customer and asking the guy questions, but once again, it's 4 in the damned morning. lol

as of right now...I have no idea what route I'm looking to go, but to others interested on the forum...if you want to go big, he can do it.

Reading a couple of guys reviews...not on his site; his engines ROCK. I was reading about an 87 200x he built that's putting down serious power...kill banshees in sand kind of power.

I just have no idea if I want to mar this NOS engine or not...

SYKO
01-03-2009, 11:14 AM
throw caution and money into the wind and go for it.

just remember this famous quote

if your not going to hit it...... I will

:w00t:

edog
01-03-2009, 11:32 AM
I think if i were you and he has a good reputation and can do what he clamis. I would go for it with the NOS motor. A great platform for a killer thumper. I wouldn't go any bigger than 450cc's. You could have lots of horse power and to torque at a lesser price than the 550cc. And still rest easier knowing that it will last longer than the 550cc motor.

Tyler 54
01-03-2009, 01:03 PM
Hey goat, Were did you read the review on the 87 200X motor?

I have the Tc built engine, and would love to read more info on it.

SWIGIN
01-03-2009, 03:03 PM
my close buddys were sponcered bt TC in the 90s.

his motors rungood, maybe the best out there, but his strokers dont hold up.

i have bin to TCs shop and he is just how you talked to him....lol